Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
sibhskylvr

Finally - My Birthday Baby Has Arrived! :))

sibhskylvr
15 years ago

Hi all!

I've been working in the yard as weather permits! 54 Brugs planted so far!! And more to go out as time permits!

And 'Tehya' has kept me VERY busy! lol! She's growing like a weed! Three weeks ago at the vet (second series of shots) she weighed in a 17.6 pounds. Her second visit (last Friday - third set of shots) she weighed in at 28.2 pounds! I'll try to get updated pics this coming weekend!

Anyway - here's the new addition to the garden! :) I'm in LOVE!! lol! I only waited 4 years to get one! Tom at Glasshouse Works sent a nice specimen to get me started! :) And now if I can keep her GROWING!!

Introducing 'Datura Inoxa Variegata - Missouri Marble!'

Mike

{{gwi:477599}}

{{gwi:477600}}

{{gwi:477601}}

{{gwi:477602}}

Comments (13)

• knotz
    15 years ago

That's awesome Mike!!...It's been great weather here too...Another week or so and I'm putting brugs in the ground...Wish me luck as I hope they make!!

And ya, MORE pictures!!

knotz

• msbatt
    15 years ago

That's great, Mike! Planning on sending my brug cuttings any time soon? How are the passifloras I sent you doing?

• givelittle_getlots
    15 years ago

Mike you better update pictures soon lol. TEN pounds in 3 weeks. How big does she get? lol

Oh I can not wait to see your yard with all those angels.

It is real funny. Just yesterday or so I learned that there even is a varigated Dat and what do you show me?

crossing my fingers that it will do marvelous for ya!!! And have lots and LOTS of seeds :-))))))))))

Would you believe it, it is to hot for me to work out there hahaha Well in the sun. Where I tilled almost my hole yard. well not quiet rofl. But it sure was hard to stop. It is so much fun and goes so fast.

Lucy

• gardenpaw
    15 years ago

Congratulations Mike! On both Babies! :)
    Oh my gosh.....54 Brugs planted in the ground? Wow!!!
    I have 13 in the ground so far and thought I was doing some
    thing! LOL But I did have to dig out the clay soil and haul
    in some better soil for the site which was time consuming.
    Congrats again and would love to see more pics!

Karen

• maemae0312
    15 years ago

Mike I am so glad your furry baby is doing so well!! And the Missouri Marble, wow! I know that is a plant that you have been wanting for a long time, Keep us updated with pictures of both!!!

Mary

• fool4flowers
    15 years ago

How cool Mike! Good to hear from you. Congrats on both babies!

• rosepedal
    15 years ago

Lol Mike that is a lot of brugs...Oh how they grow so fast..:) Congrats on your new datura...It is a neat one! Barb

• rigo74
    15 years ago

Way to go Mike, thats alot of brugs and hope they grow well for you this year.Nice dat too.

Rigo

• luvmy3afhounds
    15 years ago

Mike,
    I am so glad you finally received your much awaited for datura! Love the variegation! It looks like it is a single white flower??? Please keep us updated on its growth with lots of pictures.
    Are the brugs you planted outside in sunken pots or in the dirt? That is a LOT of brugs to get planted! I am glad Tehya is doing well!!! I wonder if we will recognize her since she is growing so fast? Looking forward to the pics of her! Keep up the good work & it is always great hearing from you!
    Joyce

• eloise_ca
    15 years ago

Great to hear your good news Mike, and that your are sooooooo very happy with your new datura and fur baby!

• daniellalell
    15 years ago

Congrats Mike!
    wow, your lil baby is growing fast!! Its a too bad they dont stay little tiny pups longer than they do, lol.
    You're doing better than me, I dont have any brugs in the ground yet!

• karmahappytoes
    15 years ago

Congrats Mike, you will love her!!

• threas
    15 years ago

Congratulations on the 'Datura Inoxa Variegata - Missouri Marble'!!! Happy belated B-Day too!
    Yes pix of the pup and your other fur-babies!
    That's great you got so many planted.

Theresa