Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
ariole

Pinkie for Alex

ariole
18 years ago

Alex, I am "tickled pink" with my little 'plumosas'

One plant, the larger, has a very nice pink stripe. The other one is a bit slower, just showing buds way down deep. Those buds seem very deep pink to me. I'm ever so eager.....

Al

{{gwi:486217}}{{gwi:486218}}

Comments (16)

• tequila
    18 years ago

I am going to check my plumosas for any buds
    Alfonso

• astrophytumfreak
    18 years ago

Very nice indeed Al. Is it normal for you to have mam's flowering at this time of the year?
    Dan

• cactusdan19
    18 years ago

Al,
    Very nice, mine are all but finished blooming, but are white with just a tinge of yellow in the flowers. Have you tried pollinating them?
    Dan

• toddinsoutherncal
    18 years ago

Very nice - Mine has shot out about 5 flowers even though I dropped it a couple of weeks ago(oops) and flattened a side of it. It still has a few more coming as well. I took this pic this morning.

Cheers,

ToddO.
    {{gwi:486219}}

• shrubs_n_bulbs
    18 years ago

Dan, a few Mamms flower normally in winter although that might mean autumn buds and spring flowers for use northerners. Check out the M. hahniana pics too.

Here is a link that might be useful: Mammillaria hahniana flowers

• Ohio_Green_Thumb
    18 years ago

Very nice plumosas, Todd & Al! Mine is fast asleep in the basement right now. Hopefully I'll see it flower in spring.

Here's a shot of it in June this year.

{{gwi:486220}}

Amy

• Ohio_Green_Thumb
    18 years ago

Hey, I just checked mine and it has buds on it! So I guess it won't wait till spring after all!
    Amy

• alex_AZ
    18 years ago

Very nice Al!!! So glad to see them flowering :-) Mine are just in the bud stage.

Alex

• cactusjordi
    18 years ago

Alex,

You should also recognize this beauty!
    {{gwi:486221}}
    Thanks again.

Jordi

• alex_AZ
    18 years ago

WOW! That's magic Jordi :-)

Alex

• cactuspolecat
    18 years ago

Those pink flowers are a lovely shade, I have two plumosa's but flowers are not as dark, one is quite pale pink, other is very pale yellowish. Sorry, can't find my pics of them in flower at the moment.

CP

• Ohio_Green_Thumb
    18 years ago

My M. plumosa wanted to contribute to the photos here. It sure looks cute blooming on the dining room table!
    Amy

{{gwi:486222}}

{{gwi:486224}}

• cactusdan19
    18 years ago

Amy,
    I'd keep an eye on it this winter. My M. plumosas are just finishing up and M. elongata is starting to bud - downstairs under lights where all the other cactus are fast asleep.
    Dan

• ariole
    Original Author
    18 years ago

I think this clone has a flower with more pink. A visiting friend with no strong love for cactus asked when I thought there might be a red flowered form. I replied probably long before there will be a blue one. I was then reminded of the two old Wittia that took up way too much space for way too many years in my old g/h because I clamed the flowers were blue. (Close, perhaps but no cigar.)

Al

• ariole
    Original Author
    18 years ago

And I forgot to include the picture.

{{gwi:486228}}

• greenlarry
    18 years ago

Those are superb macros,i love the plumes!