Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
givelittle_getlots

OT Barry where are you?

givelittle_getlots
15 years ago

I was going over the names ...my little practice to learn all the names lol.

That is when I realized that you have not been here lately.

I mean I KNOW that you are with a lovely ladyfriend....now see...do not remember the name lol. But aren't your burg babies blooming? Sure would like to see some pics.

HOpe you are doing ok.

But I also remember that you said you are working on a project. Hope it is going well for you. Just remembered that. So I ´know the day only has 24 hours. At least you know that you are being thought of.

Just like Mike if he takes a peak here lol

Lucy

Comments (18)

• oxmyx
    15 years ago

thanks Lucy, just a bit down in the dumps.

Nothing special here as my garden has taken a month to begin to recover from the hail. Many of the brugs, especially my few doubles, have yet to bloom and time is getting short.
    My plans for a greenhouse and a storage place for brugs and other tropicals has diminished. So I have none at this time.
    Also, some of my priorities based on the necessities of life and current events, have changed. Not sure what the future holds.

Hope all is well with you and all the group members here.

• karyn1
    15 years ago

Barry You can cut your brugs almost to the soil and reduce their root ball by 2/3's so they take up little storage room. I stack the pots on top of each other. It will take longer to get blooms next year because they will once again have to Y but the mature plants grow pretty quick. You can fit loads of brugs in a very small space this way.
    Karyn

• oxmyx
    15 years ago

thanks karyn, problem is finding a cool location.

• threas
    15 years ago

I don't really have a cool location either. Just my heated cellar. That will have to do.
    Barry,
    I know you will weather whatever is thrown your way and come out on top and stronger than ever. Hang in there. Tough times don't last forever. You are in my thoughts.

Theresa

• fool4flowers
    15 years ago

Wishing you well Barry. I know that hail storm was disappointing.

• rigo74
    15 years ago

Barry keep your head up, sometime life deals us a hand that makes us want to fold but Im sure an ace will come your way soon.

Hope your garden is recovering well.

Rigo

• karmahappytoes
    15 years ago

Barry, don't be in the dumps. Look at this as a chance to learn and grow with your knowledge. If it was ment to be so be it and learn. We have all seen what you can do so, pick yourself up and enjoy your love for gardening. I agree with karyn, cutting them back that drastic due to space issue can and does work.

• givelittle_getlots
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Barry you know, the best thing to do when you are in the dumps is be with people who care about you and know that life is not all roses all the time.
    I will say a prayer for you tonight and hope that whatever you need, you will find"
    My garden keeps me from a lot of things. I go there when I am happy. When I want to relax. Think. Get away from stress. Or when I am down. So let those plants and the love you have for them help you out ok.
    hugs
    Lucy

• sibhskylvr
    15 years ago

Lucy

I peeked! :) Even posted a few pics! And Barry - very nice to see you posting! You've been missed! Hope things get a little better for you! Anxious to see a few pics of the GREAT Brug you posted pics of last summer! I believe it was your 'special' baby! :) Hope it's doing great for you!

Mike

• oxmyx
    15 years ago

Thanks everyone for the kind words of support.

• gottahosta
    15 years ago

Yes, Barry, we love you.

Raising brugs is gardening at it's best and there are lots of challenges to face. The first brug blossoms makes thoughts of those tribulations disappear!

I'm with Mike, I wanna see your prize brug photos this year too!

• fool4flowers
    15 years ago

Me too. After such a hot summer and no blooms and all the pests I was ready to chunk mine til I started getting buds then I got excited all over again. With all this going on I can't give them the attention they need right now so show us pics of yours so we can enjoy your blooms.

• gardenpaw
    15 years ago

Hang in there Barry, Ive been clearing out a spare bedroom
    to put brugs in this winter.....DH. is even cooperating!!!!
    Imagen that! LOL
    Were thinking of you, now how bout those pics?
    You have such a pretty garden this year!
    Karen

• pagrdnr
    15 years ago

Barry I hope things get better for you. Any more of your seedlings develop any interesting blooms?
    Shawn

• oxmyx
    15 years ago

As I said, nothing special at all this year, except perhaps
    Xena which is a huge plant with big flowers. I love this one, Dark pink it is. Others quite a few don't appear to be going to bloom at all, even though they are Ying; dropping buds I guess. Maybe the first and last flush will be spectacular like Brenda's Noid she posted. That hail storm was a big setback the battered plants took a long while to recover. Will post photos of the garden later when things are in bloom.

One thing I know is I will isolate the Passiflora next time as the arbor appears to have been too small, and shoots are comming up everywhere.

• givelittle_getlots
    Original Author
    15 years ago

hmmmmmmmmm Barry, again I am digging deep in my brain to remember if they did not warn you about that passiflora and the SHOOTS appearing everywhere or am I mixing names up or plants?
    Let me know lol. You can save my sanity lol

• fool4flowers
    15 years ago

You can always dig up the babies and sell them. The little cats have eaten mine up. I am going to have to keep the rest off it for the year or its going to die as much as I hate to do it. Once it gets bigger then they can go to town munching some more next year. I was sad the one making the cocoon I found this morning was gone when I went out later. I think a he was somebodies lunch.

• oxmyx
    15 years ago

Well I suppose, on passiflora, I never suspected that in my zone I would get the incredible results, although the blooms are obscured a bit and sparse, and I do have fruit. But... yes I was warned. :) Will the passies flower well in autumn?