Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
fleegle96

Out of 65 tubers planted...

fleegle96
9 years ago

3 of them didn't take, and I sort of thought they might not since they were purchased at a big box store last year and probably froze over winter in my storage room.

Brings me down to 53... Of those...

Ryan C, Midnight Moon and Lambada have not broken ground after at least a month. I've gently unearthed them to see if anything is going on and Ryan C feels a bit mushy, even though I kept it clear of hose water. Midnight Moon and Lambada don't seem to be doing anything at all.

So then I'm down to 51 that have greenery above ground. Of those...

Tahoma Star, Stillwater Raspberry and one other whose name is escaping me... Those 3 were in an oversized pot that flooded with the massive rain we had yesterday. I just went to attempt to pull the tubers out so I could gently transplant them to drier soil and the tuber is almost non-existent. Pretty sure the greenery that I did replant for the heck of it won't take.

So I guess I'm now down to 48 green plants, the tallest of which is probably about 18-20" above ground now. I've topped most of them off and have a few that are flourishing more than others!

Comments (6)