Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
thelwig55

WANTED: Day Lily Seeds

thelwig55
16 years ago

Hello, my daughter 16 and myself have fallen in love with day lilies and would love to try growing some from seed. We have the Stella De ora's and other unknown yellow. We are interested in other colors than yellows day lily seeds. They can have the parentage or not,we understand they do not come true from seed. That is what is exciting about them. I don't have a lot of seed to trade but what I do have are:

Stella Deora DL seed

Burg. Blankflower

Magus Echinacea

Shasta Daisy, Alaskan

Marigold, I think is is Crackerjack, unsure

Goblin Blanketflower

Thank You Tammy

Comments (9)

• farmerbell
    16 years ago

Sent you an email.

Ann

• marbree
    16 years ago

Hi, I have a mix of daylily seeds that I sprout for my young kids to give to their teacher each year. Many named crosses tossed together and mixed up.

Could I send you ten of them?

I think I'm running about 80% gold glitter edges on them.
    Here's a picture from my seedling.

{{gwi:637401}}

Seeds from this plant are mixed in from the lot I will pull the seeds out of, but I can't be sure of what I'm giving you. These are seeds I don't usually give away.

What I would like in exchange, is to see how well I'm doing in choosing my crosses.

I would really appreciate it if you could make an photo account somewhere (I use photo bucket, it's a free site) and maybe post them on Garden Web when they bloom.

If you're interested, please e-mail with your address, and your gardenweb name so I know it's you.

Thanks

Marbree

Here is a link that might be useful: Photobucket registration page

• thelwig55
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Marbree, thank you for this wonderful offer, I have sent you an e-mail. I have a lic. nursery so I am use to keeping records. Will be happy to post pictures and keep your seedlings labeled as your babies. If any turn out to be ones you want for crosses, will be happy to send you a start. This will be fun, list an open adoption for Day lilies. Your glittered edge DL seedling is beautiful.
    Merry Christmas
    Tammy

• thelwig55
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Ann and Marbree, Thank you for the DL seed, this was very generous of both of you. Happy New Year! Tammy

• toomanyanimals
    16 years ago

Do you need/want anymore seeds?

• thelwig55
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Hello tomanyanimals, yes I would love some DL seed. I sent you an e-mail on 1/30. Thank you, Tammy

• lovelyiris
    16 years ago

Does anyone have a few daylily seeds they would be willing to share with an older lady who lives on a farm?

I will be attempting to grow whatever seeds I get for my own personal pleasure and those that may enter my garden gates. I do not sell anything nor do I want to. Everything I grow is for me to just get a little closer to God and Nature. I use gardening as an escape from the real world and all the garbage on TV. I love all kinds of plants that bloom, have different foliage, or look tropical.

I have been working on turning this place into my own little tropical paradise for the last couple of years.

Thanks in advance,
    Marian

• sassyladi
    15 years ago

I am having trouble with the 2 beds in front of my house. They are nothing but small gravel and clay. I have been going out every day and trying to dig them up to make the area softer. I am retired and on a fixed income so can't afford the gardening centers prices. I love the day lillies I have seen and understand that they can grow in even the worst of conditions.
    Would anyone have any seeds or plants they would be willing to pass on? I promise to take pictures and post them on the forum.
    I also wanted to mention that although I don't have any seeds at this time. If someone would guide me through the process to be able to make seeds from the plants I would absolutly be honored to pass them on to someone else
    Thanks again for considering this
    Edith

• jetlady62_comcast_net
    15 years ago

what are the brown things that are on my day lilies where the leaves grow out of the stem? I thought they were seeds but from what I am reading on the web the seeds are in the pods?

Sponsored
Kuhns Contracting, Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars26 Reviews
Central Ohio's Trusted Home Remodeler Specializing in Kitchens & Baths