Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
barbamaman_gw

HAVE: Java Ferns, Moss for your Aquarium-big ones!

barbamaman
16 years ago

Aquarium thinning time...My aquarium plants just grow and grow...thinned them out and now I have lots of Java moss and several variants of Java Fern (large 6" or more, small and stay small 2-3" and toothed leaved which get huge and dramatic). Also a few nice Cryptocorynes. These are clean, healthy plants from a disease free 55 gal. aquarium; same 35 little fishies happy in there for over 3 years.

Want to trade for dry-land Iris (no pond or bog here), named Daylily starts, daff bulbs or ?

These will be compost if no takers.

Barb

Comments (9)

• buyorsell888
    16 years ago

I would be interested in the Java ferns and Cryptocorynes but not if there is any Java moss mixed in with them. I am trying to get rid of it. It is difficult to eradicate!

I have a long list of available plants including land iris and daylilies and I also have a couple spare pots of named daffodils. They aren't on the list below but I do have them.

I don't know how to do a trade list on GW so I've linked to a thread in another plant exchange with photos.

Here is a link that might be useful: my trade thread

• barbamaman
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Sorry buyorsell888, we just keep `the moss out of plants just as we weed other gardens, we weed our aquarium garden. This tank is populated with wee microrasboras, and they hide among the moss. I use it as a shade for lower level plants and to purify the water, oxygenate and control algae.

I'll amble on over to your trade list. Get back to you if a good trade turns up.

Barb

• kelsey277
    16 years ago

I would love to have some Java Moss, please check out my trade list. Thank You

• wolflover
    16 years ago

I would be interested in trading for all the above plants, also any other aquarium plants you might have to trade. I recently moved and am just starting up my 55 gallon aquarium again and it has no plants.

I mainly only have white irises, no named ones except Iris ensata 'Variegata'. I have a few named daylilies back at my old house that I haven't moved yet; 'Rose Red', 'Chorus Line', 'Little Grapette', and 'Ruby Red'. I also have many named land plants to trade but my list is not up to date since I haven't traded any this year because I've been moving.

Let me know if you're interested in trading.

Dawna

Here is a link that might be useful: my trade page

• lindamarie
    16 years ago

I would like to trade for Crypts and Java Ferns.

Please peek at my trade list and LMK if I have anything you want

Thanks

Here is a link that might be useful: exchange page

• jennie_in_mt
    16 years ago

Barb, out of the Javas? I would like some of the taller ones if you have any left. Pleae email me! I have named DLs and Hosta.

• milkweed2
    15 years ago

Does Java moss grow outside?
    Thanks,
    Lee aka. milkweed

• barbamaman
    Original Author
    15 years ago

It required shade and temps. in the 60-80 degree range more or less. I've grown it indoors in unheated aquaria, but have no experience with it in an outdoor pond.

In any case, we're Z5 and cannot ship this during cold months.

Barb

• tinojt204
    15 years ago

Just wonder if you have Java moss. I don't have anything to trade. I can pay postage. Please email me back if you still have some. Thanks. Tino

Sponsored