Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
snaglpus

Stella loves the heat!

Hello every one, I have a Stella fig that I purchased 3 years ago from Once Green World. This tree loves the Heat! Back then it was a small little tree. Today, she's over 4 feet and going strong. With this tree, I did a test. The first year it grew but produced no figs. I kept it outside. Last year, it grew outside and produced one fig. It was large, green skinned, amber pulp but very sweet. Last winter I decided to protect the tree by sheltering it in my greenhouse. I did. The temps in my greenhouse got down to 25 degrees but not colder. This Spring, in my area we have very warm temps 70+ and 80+. With temps that high, I had to remove my other container trees except Stella. Even when the temps outside were 80, my greenhouse was 97, Stella LOVED the heat! The leaves were sagging on my other trees, but not Stella. So I kept the tree inside and kept a watchful eye on the moisture. Well Stella is still in my greenhouse along with 12 figs I started from cuttings a few weeks ago. I'll post a pic tomorrow.

Today Stella has 6+ figs and still growing! I am amazed at this little tree! I want to pinch a few leaves but the tree does not have enough leaves on a branch to pinch. But it will in a few months at the rate it's growing. I am curious the origin of this tree. Does anyone know? Has anyone else had good or bad performance from Stella? So far it looks like the more heat the more you can eat with Stella! Thanks for reading, Dennis

Comments (5)

Sponsored
Bella Casa LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars17 Reviews
The Leading Interior Design Studio in Franklin County