11 years ago

Trial By Fire

Something Angelic

Hearts Of Fire

Indy Heartstopper

Incendiary

Westbourne Butterfly Icing

Westbourne Butterfly Season

And WESTBOURN BUTTERFLY SEASON with PURPLE MAZE in the backround.

Tic Tac Toe

Instant Celebration

Here is upstarrs with the trellis I put up and lots and lots of cucumbers planted.

Cucumber closeup.

Comments (15)

• organic_kitten
    11 years ago

You know of course, I do love reds, but Westbourne's Butterfly Season is my pick here. I really like that one. Every time you post it, it is usually my pick.
    kay

• newyorkrita
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Kay, I don't blame you for choosing it as it is really pretty and different too! Thanks!

• maximus7116
    11 years ago

There you go again, showing off your vegetables. I am definitely planting more next year.

Trial by Fire is the standout for me today, although I also really like Indy Heartstopper.

• newyorkrita
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Chris, I think it is funny that my cucumber trellis runs along the big path in the middle of the backyard daylily beds. I had no place else to put it and I had so many cucumber seedlings!

• jean_ar
    11 years ago

I Love SOMETHING ANGELIC. its really pretty, and I always love HEARTS OF FIRE., INDY HEARTSTOPPER is a beauty, too
    PURPLE MAZE is a pretty and bright one, too, and Got to love INSTANT CELEBRATION.when I first looked at it, I htought your celebration of angels is so pretty, then, when i looked at them a second time,I was surprised it is INSTANT CELEBRATION. its gorgeous. and my favorite one today isBUTTERFLY SEASON.Its so different and so pretty.
    The CUCUMBERS looks very good,and I just bet you have lots of tiny cukes under them leaves.I dont have any yet, but at 104 degrees yesterday, I am lucky they didnt burn up.

jean

• shive
    11 years ago

Hearts of Fire is looking great, and so is Incendiary!

Debra

• newyorkrita
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Thanks Jean! Instant Celebration is one of those Celebration of Angels look alikes of which there are many ha-ha. This one is a Korth Intro. My Celebration of Angels is way over in another garden so that I can't get the two of them mixed up!

In the cucumber pictures I have the ones on the right which are bigger (older) plants. Those I had bought as seedlings and yes they have lots of flowers under those leaves and little tiny cucumbers. Then look on the left and you can see much smaller cucumber plants that I grew myself from seeds.

Debra, thanks. Hearts Of Fire looks especially good to me this year. But then I always love those reds!

• Julia WV (6b)
    11 years ago

TRIAL BY FIRE gets my vote and then the cucumbers ;-).

I wanted to ask you if your BERMA ABERCROMBIE has scapes and buds up already? Mine is loaded but I thought it would bloom much later in the season.

Julia

• jean_ar
    11 years ago

YESjean

• newyorkrita
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Julia, I know it has not bloomed yet but I will have to lok tomorrow to see if there are scapes.

Jean, I give my neightbors cucumbers and tomatoes also but I just bring them in a recycled plastic supermarket bag, No red wagon lol!

• nat4b
    11 years ago

I really like Incendiary! But because I picked it before, today my favorite is Hearts of Fire. W.Butterfly Season is very interesting and unusual, and I also like Something Angelic.

• Nancy
    11 years ago

I'm torn between Westbourne's Butterfly Season & Trial By Fire, they are both so gorgeous. Have to mention Indy Heartstopper & hearts of Fire too, lovely pictures. I kept intending to plant some cucumbers, & never got it done. I don't know how I could have put off something so easy to do. I may go out this morning & do that, maybe there is still time to produce.

• houstmag
    11 years ago

Love those Westbourne's they are gorgeous. I also like Trial By Fire.
    Linda

• anniegolden
    11 years ago

TRIAL BY FIRE and SOMETHING ANGELIC both have wonderful color and are my favorites. T by F looks like an impressive clump.
    Christine

• newyorkrita
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Julia, I went and looked. No blooms yet but everything in there (that garden section) has scapes so there will be blooms.

Nancy, cucumbers are really easy from seed. And there would be enough time to still start from seed even here so definately you have enough time. I just love fresh cucumber and tomato salad in the summer!

Thank you all for your nice comments!

Sponsored
Peabody Landscape Group
Average rating: 3.5 out of 5 stars8 Reviews
Franklin County's Reliable Landscape Design & Contracting