Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
jstall_gw

Would like to find the Italian 258 plant or cuttings

jstall
13 years ago

Does anyone have an Italian 258 plant or cuttings that they would sell to me. I do not have much to trade but if I have something anyone would like to trade I would make the trade. Merry Christmas to all, J.A.

Comments (8)

• fatnsassytexan
    13 years ago

Hi J.A., I hope you find it. The ones I got from Zergas are still questionable at this point. You have a Merry Christmas also! Tim

• jstall
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Thank you Tim, I remember you telling me you had one from Zergas. I hope to find the true Italian 258. UC Davis did not offer it this year. Maybe someone here will have it.
    Merry Christmas!
    J.A.

• Dennis AKA Snaglpus
    13 years ago

J.A., I do have a Italian 258. It is a late bloomer but superb quality and taste. My tree is in a container and about 4 foot tall. The fruit is very good and to me, it is very close in size and taste as Black Madeira but with more sweetness and acidity. Don't get me wrong though! Black Madeira has total different flavor and taste. Email me privately and tonight when I get home I will check my tree which is in storage. I know took cuttings from it last month and mailed some to a friend. But at the moment, I am not sure I can take any more cuttings from it until I see the tree again. I'll post some pics tonight also. Cheers,

Dennis

• chills71
    13 years ago

If Snaglpus can't supply it, let me know. Mine is 3-4 feet tall and it had rooted itself so well into the ground that I had to cut back the roots extending out of the pot by 4+ feet when I brought it in a few weeks back.

~CHills

• eboone_gw
    10 years ago

Aren't there rules here about shameless spamming of ads? Where are the mods when you need one?

• ottawan_z5a
    10 years ago

Hello eboone
    It (i.e. GW) is much better now. No ads pops up in the miidle of the page from no where as it used to be a few years ago. That was very annoying.

But the ads you see now on the page side are paid ads that help maintain the website for the forum. Most are related to your local region.

• eboone_gw
    10 years ago

There was a person spamming an ad for his/her black mission and black madiera cuttings in multiple posts - it was in this one too but has been removed since I posted my comment above.

• ottawan_z5a
    10 years ago

Youu are right . That kind of off-Topic insertion is not fair to hijack the thread topic.

i hope JStal has found a good I-258becauue of this post.