Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
shive_gw

Boiled Shrimp and Friends on Friday

shive
12 years ago

I finally got to see a bloom on Hanson's BOILED SHRIMP today. It only had a few buds in its first year, and most of them bloomed while I was away. I like the tropical color, but the petals aren't pleating yet.

THAT VOODOO THAT YOU DO SO WELL

TIFFANY JEWELS reblooming

SNAKE IN THE GRASS BOO

The lovely PURIFY MY HEART is still going!

DIXIE HUMMINGBIRD

FLY SO FREE

AUGUST FROST

The flower formerly known as "Poop Eye" is reblooming

WIZARD'S WISH

SWEET CHILD OF MINE with daisies

WONDER OF WONDERS with companions

Debra

Comments (20)

• organic_kitten
    12 years ago

Debra,
    I absolutely love your picture of Wonder of Wonders "with companions". It is so pretty. I also like Sweet Child of Mine with the daisys. Tiffany Jewels is probably my favorite bloom, but your Boiled Shrimp is a beautiful color.
    kay

• mantis__oh
    12 years ago

Wizard's Wish is my choice, along with the wonderful picture of Wonder of Wonders (a clump that looks as though it is ready to be divided).

• bigack
    12 years ago

Snake in the grass, and Purify my Heart are my picks, also the last pic is great.

• newyorkrita
    12 years ago

I love those last two bed shots that show the gardens. They look so pretty. Your PURIFY MY HEART looks so good :-) I like your BOILED SHRIMP just the way it is right now. Pretty colors on a pretty bloom.

• shive
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Mantis - You are right! Wonder of Wonders needs to be divided. It always provides me with pretty clump shots late in the season. I'm surprised it wasn't registered as a late. It's been one of my "late" bloomers for six years.

Rita - Purify My Heart is just a joy now that it has more fans. As for Boiled Shrimp, apparently those Hanson throat pinchers need some maturity to have the pleated petals. I hope this one will do as well as Stealth Bomber in the future.

Debra

• crackingtheconcrete
    12 years ago

Okay, seriously. I must be hungry, because I went for the "boiled shrimp" post right away and was very sorry a plate didn't pop out of my monitor. LOL

Fly so Free was my favorite here, but that last shot of Wonder of Wonders is fantastic! What a great group of flowers. ;)

• avedon_gw
    12 years ago

No. 1 has to be the garden photo of Wonder of Wonders. That is just fabulous. The individual honors to go Snake In The Grass Boo and Purify My Heart. Avedon

• maximus7116
    12 years ago

I love the color on Boiled Shrimp, and just imagine what it will look like once it starts its special "thing." Purify My Heart is, again, my pick of the group. Terrific photos.

• Nancy
    12 years ago

Wonderful color on Boiled Shrimp, I had to look it up to see how it should look. A great picture of Sweet Child of mine with the daisies, and that is a wonderful clump of Wonder of wonders

• njmomma
    12 years ago

All so pretty. I like Snake In The Grass Boo and Tiffany Jewels best.

• shive
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Crackingthecrete - You cracked me up with that comment about being hungry and wanting the shrimp to pop out of the monitor. I'm still laughing!

Debra

• crackingtheconcrete
    12 years ago

;) I love seafood, what can I say? ;)

• jean_ar
    12 years ago

You have some very pretty ones.I like the color on BOILED SHRIMP but unlike crackingtheconcrete ,I not wanting them to pop out of my monitor.I dont like Boiled Shrinp, but I love them fried. my favorite is WIZARD'S WISH. That is a real beauty.

Jean

• Julia WV (6b)
    12 years ago

Boiled Shrimp looks pretty good. I like the last photo of WONDER OF WONDERS with companions . All are nice.

Julia

• mizellie
    12 years ago

I think Boiled Shrimp is beautiful. maybe it will begin pleating soom. Also, Wonder Of Wonders with all the other lovelies is looking really good!! Ellie

• bluenosens
    12 years ago

Tiffiny Jewels and Fly So Free are my favs but I love those group shoots with all the companions. Cheers, lloyd

• houstmag
    12 years ago

Wizard's Wish and the flower once known as Poop Eye get my vote for favorites out of a outstanding group.
    Linda

• shive
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Jean - Wizard's Wish is such a nice bicolor. And although it's registered ML, it's always one of my latest to start blooming. The only one in that "late" bed that starts later is Royal Jester.

Ellie - That was my last bloom on Boiled Shrimp, so I think it will be next season before the pleating starts.

Linda - The seedling formerly known as Poop Eye was showing a lot more gold tones yesterday. I'm thinking about naming it Caramel Mocha Latte or Copper Thief. The extreme heat changed it's color somewhat. Obviously, there's a gold base under that copper and brown.

Debra

• mamasllamas
    12 years ago

ok i'm with crackingconcrete :) I looked in there to see boiled shrimp well it is 12:30 and i haven't eaten yet LOL then i seen poop eye well that ruined my appetite real quick! too funny i really thought i was going to see food photos! holly

• Maryl (Okla. Zone 7a)
    12 years ago

Shooter has a real cute name as well as a good looking daylily with "Snake in the grass Boo". My favorite is the garden shot with the Phlox, Rudbeckia and Hibiscus etc. and Wonder of Wonders. Great color color and plant combination. Off to look up Wonder of Wonders.....Maryl