Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
morriandleighsnewhome

Are the countertops cement?

We love cement countertops, but understand they're porous. Can they be sealed without having to regularly seal them? (Like we have all kinds of time to do that on a regular basis...!)
Green Lake Classic Craftsman · More Info

Comments (4)

• PRO
    RW Anderson Homes
    9 years ago

Thank you so much for your interest in my work. I know it’s been awhile since you posted this question, and for that I apologize. As you can imagine, I get quite a few questions on Houzz; I’m afraid this one just got away from me. If you are still interested in learning the answer to your question please let me know and I will do my best to find it for you.

Best of luck with all your projects!

• alejandra6749
    8 years ago

I am definitely interested in your answer :)

• alejandra6749
    8 years ago

Also, can one extend the cement countertop to accomodate legs and have a eat in kitchen counter top/bar?

• veronica_11
    8 years ago

i am also interested in the answer. my guess is that it's no worse than forgoing sealing other materials like granite or wood but it would be good to have a professional opinion on that! i am seriously considering using concrete for our new counter tops. at first i was concerned about staining but now that we are considering a darker color am hopeful that will be less of an issue.

are the Squak Mountain counter tops the best option for buying concrete slabs vs. in place fills of this material?