Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
moonwolf_gw

Your Most Unique/Creative Plant Stand (Pictures Of My Latest One)

moonwolf_gw
13 years ago

Hi everyone,

While downtown today at a festival, mom and I went into this antique store and I saw this and said "That would make a great plant stand!" So, my fellow hoya growers, I put my RHP (previously on a plain dull colored tomato cage) on it. Here she is!

Before RHP:

After:

What do you think? I was trying to find a birdcage but she didn't have any. How much did this stand cost? A shocking $1! How cool is that, I ask?

Brad AKA Mooonwolf

Comments (9)

• puglvr1
    13 years ago

Wow Brad!! What a great price and a very NICE display(plant stand) What an excellent find!!

• moonwolf_gw
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Thanks, Pug!

I really like it because it's lightweight, easy to move for watering/outside, and it's just a neat way of displaying plants!

I forgot to ask everyone else on here: what's your most unique plant stand?

Brad AKA Moonwolf

• patrick51
    13 years ago

A great buy, Brad...that stand will handle your RHP for many years...and will look fabulous with blooms hanging off the vines. Congratulations on a great find! Fondly, Patrick

• pepeuve
    13 years ago

Congratulations !!
    Good price.

Just an advice. Maybe a little pot, It's much better for your hoya.

• jlt37869
    13 years ago

That is cool ,,, I've been keeping an eye out for an old birdcage too and, so far, haven't found anything. I like the handle and that it sits up off the ground. And the price, well you can't beat that. Great find.

My most creative plant stand (not actually a stand) is my latest attempt with my grandmother's plant (I'll post pictures later). My family calls it the "plant contraption". :)

Enjoy your RHP ,,, he looks great.

• geosdee
    13 years ago

Great find Brad, I like it, have you considered spray painting it maybe a ruby color or somewhere in that range to show off the blooms and make the leaves stand out?

Dee

• moonwolf_gw
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Pepeuve, I'll try to find a smaller pot for it. It is kind of roomy.

Jennifer, I can't wait to see what your grandmother's carnosa will look like.

Dee, no I haven't thought about spraying it but that's nota bad idea since I see some rust spots. It doesn't look too bad though.

Thanks again everyone!

Brad AKA Moonwolf

• mdahms1979
    13 years ago

Brad that is a really neat plant holder/support, do you think it was an umbrella holder?
    I don't have any interesting plant holders like that but I do like to hunt for deals at antiques shops. I have an old bronze footed cache pot and lots of antique enamelware that I grow my plants in but nothing that allows for the plants to climb like the piece you got.

Mike

• moonwolf_gw
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Mike, you hit it right on the nose! It is an old umbrella holder! Funny thing how it looks like an umbrella with the handle and all!

Brad AKA Moonwolf

Sponsored