Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
moonwolf_gw

Black Dragon's New Home-A Birdcage (Pictures)

moonwolf_gw
12 years ago

Hi everyone,

I finally found a bird cage for one of my hoyas. I had a little trouble deciding which hoya should go into it but I finally decided on Black Dragon. Doesn't he look great!?

{{gwi:78555}}

Hanging up

Brad AKA Moonwolf

Comments (14)

• puglvr1
    12 years ago

I LOVE it Brad...great showcase! I'm sure your Black Dragon will love its new home and thrive for you.

• golden_ca_2000
    12 years ago

I really like it too - a very creative Idea you have there...

• suetran1
    12 years ago

It is original idea. I like it Brad.

• gennykins
    12 years ago

Love your cage, Brad, it has a bit of a gothic look to it.

Lisa

• cpawl
    12 years ago

I also love the cage and your hoya looks great in it.I have been keeping my eyes open for something like this ever since you wrote that you were looking for one.

Cindy

• moonwolf_gw
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Thank you everyone! Lisa, now that you mention it, it does have a gothic look to it. I think when it blooms it will be stunning! I can't take all the credit for originality though. My inspiration came from GG. She has at least one of her plants in a cage. I like this idea because it allows them to grow without taking up a lot of space. I'm on the hunt for more!

Cindy, I hope you find one! I got this from a local thrift shop. It was even on sale and at the regular price, it was cheap!

Brad AKA Moonwolf

• gennykins
    12 years ago

Brad,

Have you considered putting it in a black pot? Black cage, black pot, for Black Dragon?

Lisa

• moonwolf_gw
    Original Author
    12 years ago

No I haven't but what a great idea! I'm gonna have to look for one!

Brad AKA Moonwolf

• greedygh0st
    12 years ago

Looking great, Brad! Got to cage the dragon for sure! It looks like it's growing great for you, too! ^_^

• moonwolf_gw
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Thanks, GG! Like you said in another thread, the rate of new growth is astounding! It just may have competition with Pink Silver! I wonder, should I get a white cage and a white pot for White Dragon (if and when I get it)?

Brad AKA Moonwolf

• greedygh0st
    12 years ago

Do you even need to ask that question? Of course!! ^_~

I agree. I never thought I'd be calling Pink Silver a slowpoke...

• moonwolf_gw
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Lol GG, thanks! Maybe I'll get lucky and find one of those old fancier cages (one that looks like a house or a round one) for White Dragon. If it's not the color I want, I can always paint it :) .

Brad AKA Moonwolf

• greedygh0st
    12 years ago

I think a dragon would be very fitting in one of those pagoda style birdhouses. :X

Source: CocoCozy

• moonwolf_gw
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Wow! I think it'll be right at home in one of those! That looks really cool!

Brad AKA Moonwolf

Sponsored