Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
agrigirl

I have sprouts! I just love Spring!

agrigirl
14 years ago

I am happy! LOL I was given these seeds a couple years ago by a friend who moved into a new house and said "You gotta come look at these strange purple pods on this plant in my yard!" When I got there, I said, It's a purple hyacinth bean. May I have some? She cleaned the whole thing of pods and gave them to me. (Way more than I was expecting) I gave them away to friends and family and literally saved only 6 for myself. Not 6 pods minds you.....6 beans! We moved into a new house in the fall and I have been eager to start making the landscaping my own....come on Spring! LOL So I planted them 2 weeks ago in plug trays and had 100% germination rate. WOO HOO!

I'm sorry, but I just love spring. I love when the seeds I plant start to sprout....despite the fact that the other day I was coaching my American Wisteria "Come on my little babies! You can do it!" but alas....they still have not broken the surface of the plugs but I managed to wiggle around the soil and see they are germinated, just haven't popped through. Weather is supposed to be in the 80s the next couple of days, I am sure that will help get things moving along.

OK..just had to share my happy moment. The past 7 days have been stressful for me so this small moment of triumph was enough to last me for awhile. LOL

Comments (2)

Sponsored