Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
mia_blake

Spring Fling 2013 continued

MiaOKC
11 years ago

Original thread maxed out... so I'm taking the liberty of starting the continuation thread. New posts go here!

Here is a link that might be useful: Spring Fling 2013 thread 1

This post was edited by MiaOKC on Tue, Apr 16, 13 at 21:58

Comments (105)

• joellenh
    11 years ago

Oh Em, thank you so much, but we are totally good. :) Just start thinking about yummy recipes and cool plants for next year.

Did I mention that I got the COOLEST door prize? A little potted Mulberry tree. Carol and I both saw it at the same time, and we were ready to mud-wrestle for it. My friend Katie won it, and she doesn't like fruit trees (she's crazy). So I traded my door prize (jam) for it. I DID offer it to Carol, but she said that she is picking up some mulberries soon, and is good.

And you want to hear something totally nutso? Now that I have calmed down, I am totally ready for the next party. :)

Jo

• soonergrandmom
    11 years ago

Jo, I'm glad the money came out good because I didn't contribute as much as I normally do, and later thought that I should have. I know it is stressful to have such a crowd, be busy at the grill, and still try to keep your sanity. Paula is a trooper and was right in there helping things to flow smoothly.

Al said tell you that you did great, and he had a very good time.

Ilene and I have been email buddies for a long time so it was nice to finally meet her, and to meet her husband and find out he has another name besides 'hubs'. It was fun to put faces on the others that I didn't know before. It is always special to talk to 'old' friends that I have met at earlier Flings. We only see each other once a year, but just pick up where we left off, and renew the friendships.

Moni came in just as I was leaving so we didn't get to visit, but I saw her long enough at the gate to grab the best peony she had. LOL Thanks Moni. The first time I met her she gave me a cute little Lily of the Valley plant and even carried it to the car for me. That was my first time to attend, and today was my fifth.

Emma, It was Jo who needed the bag of 'poop'. I have chickens, have neighbors with a ton of leaves, and live fairly close to the mushroom farm, so I have quite a lot available for my garden, but thanks for thinking of me.

There were several people missing from this years event that are normally there and I look forward to their return, but I had a great time with those that attended.

Jo has a great yard for a lot of people to gather. It was also nice not to need to travel so far. Thanks to Jo and everyone for making this year's Fling a hit. I came home and took a nap.

• oklavenderlady
    11 years ago

We had a great time at the party. It was nice to really meet everyone, even if I still haven't gotten everyone sorted out. So much good food. So many interesting plants. Lots of people who like to talk gardening. That can't be beat.
    Jo, thanks for all the hard work, and to Paula, too.

Loretta

• chickencoupe
    11 years ago

I was so eager to meet and talk to people I didn't notice if my children were causing Jo to pull her hair out or not. Thor and Serenity seemed so calm and happy I assume it went well with the other kids. What a beautiful playground! I forgot to give you my contribution. I'll send it in the mail.

Jo, the goody bags were such a wonderful idea (and expense from you). You know, they were tired and cranky after but the goody bags with toys and candy were in their laps keeping them occupied on the long cramped drive home. They're still playing with them today, in fact.

After we got home and I looked over all the plants I so greedily ran off with I noticed a couple extra. I was shocked to find Bill picked a couple out for himself!

Bill is a reclusive type and he stated, "That's a bunch of nice folks." My reply was "I told ya so. That's why I wanted to go so badly." He enjoyed himself! Indeed, it was a treasure to meet all of you. I only regret I didn't have time to meet everyone and contribute anything, but there will be other other events, I hope.
    Sharon, I'm still looking for your beans! I'm laughing at myself. They're here, I'm just a doofus and placed them somewhere odd. LOL

Thank you to someone for the tobacco, the tarragon, the tomatoes, the TRAYS (I was greedy. I apologize), the purple heart, to Lisa for Serenity's peonies and all the other seedlings. I never can afford to buy seedlings so this is a HUGE treat and some of these I've yet to be successful starting such as the tobacco, tarragon and sage!

After I settled the seedlings in; on came the PJs and into the bed I went. I think it must have been about 7pm. I woke at 11:00am this morning and poor Bill had to help me out of bed altogether. I'D DO IT AGAIN.

We, literally, hadn't been out of town and to anything happy for about three years. As soon as Bill got a job a couple months ago, making it to the party was a priority. Heck, I'm still excited. hahahaha

Thank you so much!

• joellenh
    11 years ago

And by the way...Some very nice man brought me a bag of bunny poop. I was FREAKING out at the time (Fuh-reaking out)! I believe I said a quick thank you, and then collapsed in a chair.

Whoever you are, mystery man, THANK YOU! I completely appreciate it. My plants appreciate it. I am sorry I was just really not myself.

THANK YOU!

Jo

• joellenh
    11 years ago

Bonnie, was it by chance your husband?

Jo

• joellenh
    11 years ago

And Bon, I am totally good. I wound up with like a gazillion plants. Please do not send money!

I ignored the children for the whole party. I was too busy grilling chicken and heating brisket and bringing stuff out. In fact, my kids were over at the neighbors' house for the first hour or so, and I barely noticed.

I have found that when you get 5 or more kids together, they run as a pack and entertain themselves. And if one is out of line, SOME one will come tattle.

With ten or so kids, they all just had a blast.

Jo

• MiaOKC
    Original Author
    11 years ago

We are just getting home from an extended Fling weekend, and I wanted to say thank you so much to everyone who made the annual event so special and amazing... and that's everyone!

Jo, especially, thank you for being so brave to hostess with the mostess (and Jo, I wanted to stop your husband to thank him as well but I never found a good time to bend his ear, I am sure he was busy with co-hosting duties! Please thank him from me and Mike for allowing this crazy bunch to invade your space and both of you for being so, so very gracious.) Delicious food, wonderful goodies, and amazing camaraderie with like-minded folks. All the biggies you need for a great party. Well done!

Thanks to Paula for helping pave the way, too. We really appreciate you and Ken for all you did behind-the-scenes to help orchestrate a successful event. I think it really does take a village, people. :-)

As happens every year, I didn't get a chance to speak with everyone or even introduce myself to many of you, but slowly and surely I'm racking up a few more faces to go with computer names each year, so I'll call that a win. Betty, Loretta, Christina & Brent (is it Brent? so many names to learn!), Lisa, Sharon, Katie, Carol, Ilene, Moni, Bon, Tree, ___ Cowboy (was that Texas or OSU Cowboy? I can't remember real or screen name at the moment!) and your sweet wife - and many more I am surely forgetting - plus all you anonymous lovelies who piled the tables with both bountiful food and plants - and the continued information, advice and mentorship offered by everyone on this forum who I suspect were with us in spirit if not in body (George: I made it home with lots of your seeds!) - thank you, thank you, thank you. We are feeling very blessed by your friendship.

I was so enraptured by the event I only snapped a few photos, but I will post them soon to share with all those who couldn't be there in person. We missed you and hope you can come next year. Looking forward to the summer gardening season unfolding (for goodness' sake, enough with the weekly freezes already!) and sharing it all here with you!

• MiaOKC
    Original Author
    11 years ago

The theme, in a nutshell:

• MiaOKC
    Original Author
    11 years ago

The awesome location, and a great weather day!

• MiaOKC
    Original Author
    11 years ago

The swag:

• MiaOKC
    Original Author
    11 years ago

And some of the great people and food!

• joellenh
    11 years ago

Mia, my husband abandoned me, and that was a huge factor in my stress level. He went to work from noon to 2pm. Came back for 20 minutes and ate, then left to take my daughter Leah to a birtday party . He is a really sweet good guy, but this was just not his thing.

Jo

• p_mac
    11 years ago

Jo - Dave ditched? LOL! Sorry, it all went so well I didn't notice. But I am truly sorry for the stress level it caused you. We discussed this "stress" thing. I get it.

And Mia - OMG!!! THANK YOU so much for that pic of me, Jo & her babies!!! Me & Jo's little miss - we just have a connection. When I first arrived - she ran out to meet us and I said to her "OH L---!!! Have you got your Garden Party skirt on???" She was so pleased and did the CUTEST little pirouette!!!! You CAPTURED the connections and didn't even know!

Great pics, Mia!!!! Hope the rest of your weekend was half as good as how it started! We had a really good time, didn't we? Again, many thanks to Jo for allowing us all the space to gather and share! She's a trooper!

Paula

• joellenh
    11 years ago

And thank you for the pics! They are wonderful. Jo

• joellenh
    11 years ago

Yeah Paula, he totally did ditch. And my neighbors were all pissed off at him and texting him and telling him to come back.. Here I am, with my panic-attacky self...Running around heating up beans, brisket, grilling chicken, NO IDEA where my kids or dogs are. Getting spoons and knives and BBQ sauce. And Dave just went *poof*. I am a little bit mad at him, still.

Jo

• soonergrandmom
    11 years ago

I wondered about his disappearance as I only saw him once when he was getting your daughter ready to go to the party. LOL

My first Fling, I went alone. The 2nd one, Al dropped me off then came back after a couple of hours. I was a little ticked that time.... not because he left, but because my chair was still in the car. He came back and met everyone, enjoyed their company, and has looked forward to it every year since. He almost backed out this year since he knew several people would be missing, but as soon he learned that Ken was coming, he was ready to go. It's a man thing. LOL

• Lisa_H OK
    11 years ago

Carol, I was so sad I didn't get to spend longer talking to you and your husband. Ya'll are always a highlight of my Fling experience! Next year, my chair is RIGHT next to yours :)

Lisa

• shankins123
    11 years ago

It was GOOD...I'm sorry you were a little freaked, Jo. You were a great hostess and your set-up was perfect!
    I've been coming for about 5 (I think) years - it was a good deal out of my comfort zone the first time, but each year it's gotten better and better, I've seen people I know and met new friends each time. The food is always good, the plants are unbelievable, and the door prizes are fun AND useful!

My only wish? That we could ALL be there at one time - every last one of us. Life has a way of messing that up, though, so we'll just try each time for MOST of us :)

Sharon

• soonergrandmom
    11 years ago

LOL Thanks Lisa. We have matching chairs so we will just sit in a row. My husband told the other husbands there that the only thing I did was home, Church, and the Spring Fling. I am a real home-body, but I enjoy the Fling every year. I plan to garden until I am too old to do so, and then I may still be sitting in that row of chairs at the Spring Fling. LOL

• Lisa_H OK
    11 years ago

I hope the husbands all had a chance to talk together. A few of them looked a little dazed :).

I agree with Sharon. The Fling is way out of my comfort zone, but each year has gotten easier and I have made a lot of friends. :)

Jo, I enjoyed the little jaunt out of town and got to see a different side of Tulsa than I normally do. Thanks!!!

Lisa

• MiaOKC
    Original Author
    11 years ago

I imagine an online group *might* contain a good percentage of semi-introverts, so it's amazing we get together at all, let alone in such numbers! Ha! I was TERRIFIED my first Fling (3 yrs ago, when I had only been on GW a few months) and spoke to approximately 1.75 people the whole time and lurked around the fringes like a wedding crasher. People were so generous and giving that I drove away with a car packed so full of plants that I felt like I'd stolen something. The second one I was only SEMI-PETRIFIED and I upped the ante by talking to 4.75 people, and that was probably only because we had it at Paula's house again and I'd contributed and conversed with many more people on GW and I was slightly over my social phobia since I'd been there before. :) Now you can't shut me up online and I brought my DH/security blanket, who is normally the shy one, so I felt much better.

We have a new neighborhood semi-annual plant swap, and there are about 3-5 persistent people (including me!) who attend. I offered some monkey grass and lamb's ear to a new resident who had missed the swap, and she could not believe I would give her these things with nothing asked in return. MONKEY GRASS AND LAMB'S EAR, PEOPLE! LOL. I told her I had great examples and I feel like gardeners are a giving lot as a whole - in fact my first balcony garden when I moved out at 18 was 98% composed of divisions and pots from a co-worker's big cottage garden - I think it's just part of the breed. She would probably have a heart attack to see the Spring Fling in action!

Paula - our weekend was great, we made it to the Philbrook Sunday afternoon and it was GORGEOUS (the gardens, I mean. There was art, too, and it was nice, but OH THE GARDENS. Perfection!) I'll start a separate thread with pics from that trip later.

• Lisa_H OK
    11 years ago

Oh the Philbrook is beautiful!

LOL..free monkey grass. I hope she still likes you in a few years :) I had a garden web trader send me three free sprigs of ornamental grass as a bonus a number of years ago. It is beautiful, but this spring when I tried to separate it I might have been biting my tongue not to say ugly things about my bonus plants :)

This post was edited by lisa_h on Mon, Apr 22, 13 at 16:16

• joellenh
    11 years ago

Mia, you seriously crack me up.

Carol, your DH told me the same thing. The only places you ever go are church and the Spring Fling. It made me feel semi-better about my own hermit tendencies.

Dave (DH) was SHOCKED that I volunteered to host this year. I am terrible around people who I don't know very well. But, the group needed a place, I had a place, so I raised my (shaking) hand.

I make all of my friends online. I am much friendlier and less terrified on my computer. Heck, I even met my DH online (fifteen years ago)! We were playing a computer game (Age of Empires).

I have four local "best friend" families. Two are my next door neighbors. I met the other two online! Even though they both live within 5 minutes of me!

The first one, I met 6+ years ago when I was moving to OK. I posted on a global "Mommy Message Board" that I was moving from WV to OK, and it turned out this woman was right around the corner, and had a son the same age as mine. The boys have been good friends since they were a few months old, and have gone to preschool and school and sports together. And I adore the Mom.

Friend #4, I met on Freecycle!!!! I posted an ad looking for cardboard for my garden. This lady named Katie replied. She had a garage full of cardboard. I hit her up multiple times. And then, one day I was picking Leah up at preschool, and there she was. Our kids were in the same class, and we never knew it! I was like "Hey, you're the cardboard lady"! And she was like, "Yes I am, and you're the farmer"! To make matters even more weird, both of our older kids were ALSO in the same class!!! And we would have never known each other if not for the internet.

Jo

This post was edited by joellenh on Mon, Apr 22, 13 at 14:19

• joellenh
    11 years ago

Oh, and I am already planning dishes to bring for next year.

Can you all see this? I brought the potato candy and the carrot patch hummus last year. The hummus was great, but the potato candy melted.

Next year, I think I will do the carrot patch hummus again. And the worm rice krispie treats. And the potted pudding. And the bug juice.

This is my pinterest site.
    Jo

Here is a link that might be useful: Garden Party Snacks

• mwilk42
    11 years ago

You can't imagine how I laughed to read this thread. I am the person who slips in quietly and sits on the back row, (preferably on the end) I am a bit of a recluse, I guess. I go to town and get whatever I need to, and sometimes wear some shades and a visor, Would not think of going to an event at someone's home where I have not met anyone going to be there. I never initiate a conversation with someone I don't know. In fact, I have been known to not even go into a store if they look like they might make me uneasy.
    I try to be as inconspicuous as possible. I do enjoy all the talk of the fling, and I do enjoy everyone's pics. But so far I have not been able to make myself attend. My husband said I should go. It isn't as if I think I am meeting up with a bunch of crazies, I have just spent 60 years trying not to draw attention to myself, and it is hard to change that. in other words, "it ain't you, it's me" LOL
    justsaymo

• Lisa_H OK
    11 years ago

Well, the good news is, all of us terrified people keep coming back and we are a little more friendly every year! I really did make an effort this year to put my social hat on knowing that we would have some newbies in the crowd.

LOL, Mia, 1.75 people. I might have been the .75.

• butterflymomok
    11 years ago

Lisa,

You did a great job making this first-timer feel welcome. Thanks a bunch!

Sandy

• soonergrandmom
    11 years ago

This is why my DH thinks it is funny that I am a hermit. I worked for years and years. I worked for Sears, then Pillsbury, the State of Alaska, twenty years with the Federal Government, and a couple of years for the State of Oklahoma. Part of that time I was a buyer and spent my life on the phone. Part of that time I was the chief of a Buying Division, and twice I was the Chief of a Systems Division. I didn't have one year's experience 20 times, I really had 20 years of experience in Procurement because I did a new job just about every year and moved about every three years since I was also an Air Force wife. While at Tinker, I taught a computer class for months and months. I have spent my life in public, and much of it as a supervisor.

Then there is now....I hate to travel, don't like talking on the phone, hate shopping except for on-line, and rarely leave home unless I am with DH. Everyone should have their share of the public, AND I HAVE ALREADY HAD MY SHARE OF ALL OF IT. We do have friends that we do things with, and we are always in touch with our children, and until recently I taught an adult Sunday School class. I live in a little ugly lake house that has great soil and I plant the entire back yard in vegetables. I stay up half the night if I want to, I get up when I want to, DH and I have been married for over 40 years and we still enjoy being together, and we love our life.

I like you guys once a year. LOL I really do like lots of people that I have met on this Forum, so I'm just kidding about that. Some have become very close friends that I talk on the phone with or email back and forth all year, and even those that I only see once a year I still consider friends. Others I have never seen, but are still my friends.

Jo - Al said to tell you that he really did enjoy himself and he thought you did a great job. He said to tell you that if you ever wanted to host again that we would be glad to help you and would be glad to come early if you needed us.

I think the only cloud in the Oklahoma sky just went north of us. It looked like it would rain, we could hear thunder, and the northern sky looked black. It has now moved into Missouri without producing a drop of rain at our house, and I am glad.

The first onion bed that I planted is looking really good and most of them are making there 6th leaf. My first potatoes are only 6-8 inches tall but they look really nice. I have a nice bed of baby lettuce, but I am ready to get everything else planted. Old man winter needs to tip his hat on the way out. I am through with him!

• p_mac
    11 years ago

You guys are cracking me up with all your "introvert theories". What none of you realize is I am a closet introvert. Seriously. Can you imagine my "freak level" the first year I hosted after only being a member for maybe 9 months???? Maybe that's why so many of you came. I didn't know ANYONE. Dawn, Ilene and Carol held my hand and got me thru it. I too was bummed that peeps like Jay & George didn't come, but the peeps that came were SO wonderful. I also had life-experience training that gave me coping - skilz to get thru it. I work for lawyers. Ain't no room for quiet, timid if you want to climb up the corporate ladder.....but I digrese.

That being said - I have to stretch my limits to keep the job I love that pays me well. My solstice is my home, my quiet, my garden.

i believe we are all perfectly suited to each other. We are a garden family...and we have room to grow!!! Any one of us could spot a "bad-seed" in a heartbeat. Long live our OK GW group!!!!! I wouldn't trade the best hybrid seed for any of you!!!!

Paula

• soonergrandmom
    11 years ago

This is a funny thread. I was never like this in business, but have always been like this in my private life and gotten worse as I got older. My mother's family were all 'show-offs', and at family things they would be up dancing or performing in the middle of the floor, and I was sitting there hoping I was adopted.

After I had children, I had one bashful child and she was too shy to call a store and ask their business hours. She would twist herself in my skirt if someone talked to her. She came out of it big time and now she would fight a circle saw. When young, she worked in retail, then sold Real Estate, and when that market fell apart she went back to school and will be an RN in December. The others children were like my family and just thought the world was a stage waiting for them to enter stage right. Al is a people person, and could sell a bear a fur coat. He and the kids talk to everyone. When we lived in southern Oklahoma, I would make the mistake of taking a husband or teenage child to Walmart, and from the time we went in the front door I would never see them again. I would shop, check out, go load the car, then go back inside to find them. They ALWAYS found someone they just had to talk to. They just all look at me like I suffer "from failure to thrive".

In business I am a 'take charge' person, and I have no trouble at all with this. Although I spent most of my years in buying or systems, I still had to attend all of the other contracting courses like Contract Law and Negotiation. One time I was in a Negotiation class which was 2-3 weeks long, and one day we were split up and given a problem to negotiate against the other group. About half way through the negotiation, the instructors went out into the hall and I could see them laughing. I assumed something funny had happened in the other group. Well it was me they were laughing at. They told me later that I had the other leader squirming so badly that they couldn't stay in the room and watch because they were laughing so hard. This instructor said, "It is obvious that you love negotiation." I said, "I hate it, but I live with a contract negotiator and four kids that have been taught the same skills, and if I ever want anything in life I have to be ready to negotiate for it." LOL He couldn't believe that I wasn't enjoying it.

I think in business we just 'bloom where we're planted', and know that if we plan to succeed and progress, we have to play the game. I have also had many leadership opportunities in my Church and it doesn't bother me at all to teach or speak to a group.

I just like my private time and like to do what I want to do. I garden, I do genealogy, I sew. For several years I made clothes for children. One of those years I made more than 100 tee shirts and tee shirt dresses to donate and probably more than half that many the next year. When you get old, you can just do what you want, and no one cares. So in some ways...

• momofsteelex3
    11 years ago

It looks and sounds like ya'll had a wonderful time. Lisa tried to get me to come, and it was only 45 minutes from me. But I am chicken..a shy chicken. But now after reading this, I can see I am in a good company of shy people. :)

• joellenh
    11 years ago

Yeah, apparently we are mostly hermits. Which is not surprising, when you take into account that we all met on a message board (as opposed to real life).

I cannot believe that Paula hosted after being a GW member for less than a year! Wow. I bow to you.

Okay, let me just say this. Many of us are shy. Many of us are scared about meeting new people, NEXT YEAR, put all that aside, and know that we are ALL like that. So everyone should just COME!

Jo

• Macmex
    11 years ago

Well, though somewhat introverted I am certainly not reclusive. I love to meet people and ... I CAN TALK ;)

But it is very hard to get out anymore due to the workload we carry. I believe it was in 2008 that I made it to a Spring Fling. It was quite enjoyable and EVERYONE looked differently than I had expected.

I am glad that the seeds found good homes. I'm a firm believer in sharing rare seeds widely, as a matter of preservation, and... for fun.

George

• soonergrandmom
    11 years ago

LOL I am not the least bit shy, I just choose to live this way. This is a great bunch and no one should be afraid to attend.

• chickencoupe
    11 years ago

Ya'll are too funny. There's just something about finding that right bunch of people and desperately trying to hold on to them.

Jo,

6'-6", that was Bill. Sorry! He can be skeery-looking, but I warn you I'm more dangerous.

I'm glad yer plants enjoyed the crap! lol We sure enjoyed the partay. I was so excited I was stuttering. hehe Defo attendee next year, too.

Bonnie

• p_mac
    11 years ago

My DH, Ken, asked me to post a BIG thank you to all the guys that helped carry the tables back to our truck. He said he didn't get a chance to thank them all and now he feels bad he just thought of it. heh! Men. Seriously - very appreciated. I could do it but dang, those are heavy!

And Bonnie - DH also wants to know if you made your appointment? (hehe- sneaky, aren't I?)

• tigerdawn
    11 years ago

My friend Heather had a great time. She happened to be over the night before while I was making the snickerdoodles and mentioned she would be willing to go with me. DH took her up on it because he's really not the outdoorsy, gardening type.

Heather had filled up a tray of plants before she knew it and mentioned how surprised she was at the number of plants just free to everyone. I told her she should see it when Dawn comes. Lol!

We made a quick exit because she was coming down with a migraine. But she's planning to join the forum and bring lots of plants and food next year.

I know I don't talk much here or in person but I consider all of you family and I look forward to seeing everyone each year.

• Lisa_H OK
    11 years ago

Tammy, your snickerdoodles were yummy!

Did you get your zucchettas?. I thought I had a packet set aside for you, but I think I put it in the "free" pile. If not, let me know.

Is Tree4Life reading? I want to thank you for the lovely, lovely Indian Hawthorns you brought. I am super excited about mine.

• p_mac
    11 years ago

And Tammy - I've got your bucket ready to return. And if you didn't get the Zucchetta seeds, I'll bring you some when I return your bucket so Lisa - gotcher back!

Heather was a great addition to our group! Glad she's going to "officially" join!

Don't tell anyone...I'm not supposed to eat sugar but those danged Snickerdoodle's were better than several shots of whiskey...or tequila....(DO NOT ask me how I know! hehe) I only ate one. Really. Promise.

And trees4OK - those Indian Hawthorne's were just gorgeous!!! What a generous contribution you made! I really wish you guys could have stayed longer. Hope you stay with us!!! Yes, I'm selfish. I want to pick your brain. heh!

Paula

• Lisa_H OK
    11 years ago

Thanks, Paula!!

• tigerdawn
    11 years ago

Yes, I got the zuchettas, and shared some with my neighbor's grandma who has lots of space to fill. :-)

Paula- I'm glad you liked your "one" snickerdoodle(s). I used real cinnamon that I got from my recent trip to North Carolina. It really is different (and better) than the fake cinnamon we get normally. Tomorrow when I'm not an hour past my bedtime I'll contact you about meeting up. I can't think right now.

• Lisa_H OK
    11 years ago

Tammy you need to check out The Savory Spice Shop on Western. Fun shop.

Here is a link that might be useful: Savory Spice Shop

• Lisa_H OK
    11 years ago

Tammy you need to check out The Savory Spice Shop on Western. Fun shop.

Oops..sorry for the double post :)

Here is a link that might be useful: Savory Spice Shop

This post was edited by lisa_h on Tue, Apr 23, 13 at 23:43

• seeker1122
    11 years ago

ladies all I say to my men is "You have to sleep sometime."
    I get everything I want. They act happy(put on a happy face) when there with even at the garden spring fling
    If he knows your happy he'll be happy for you.
    You got to sleep sometime.
    Tree

• chickencoupe
    11 years ago

Paula
    I don't recall. Is he referring to the post-op appointment? OH boy. Have I got news on that one. But was it something else? I'm wracking my brain.

bon

• tulsacowboy
    11 years ago

"___ Cowboy (was that Texas or OSU Cowboy? I can't remember real or screen name at the moment!) and your sweet wife"

That was me, and it's OSU Cowboy, class of '92. Didn't study anything related to agriculture, that interest came a few years ago.

We all had a blast at the fling (my son included, at the end he didn't want to leave!). It was nice meeting you all.

Jo thank you for your hospitality; we could tell you were a bit frazzled and did what we felt we could to make to help make thing a bit easier, glad to hear you're ok!

Might see some familiar faces at the Jenks Herb & Plant festival this weekend, we're planning on going!

Chris

• faerybutterflye
    11 years ago

I'm seriously laughing out loud reading this thread! Even though I didn't know about the Fling until the last minute, I wish I had come now! I am very much an introvert (or hermit, as my hubs calls me) & rather shy about meeting new people. Online though, I'm a bit more outspoken. I love this idea of the gathering of the hermits :)

Jo, it sounds like you did a great job of hosting & I hope you aren't too frazzled. While I am rather intimidated by all you experts on the OK GW forum, I think perhaps I will try to come out of my shell & meet some of you amazing folks in person next Spring Fling.

I'm such a novice compared to most of ya'll, but it sounds like we all have the hermit habit in common. Looking forward to seeing everyone next year :)

• shankins123
    11 years ago

OK, all you newbie, shy, hermit-types...if you're saying now that you wish you'd come this year (and are promising to come next year)...we're going to hold you to it! Don't just be "lurkers" on here - keep on jumping in and asking questions or giving advice throughout this growing season and beyond....and then start watching in March-ish for the Spring Fling thread to start up again...as always, the more the merrier!!

Sharon

• faerybutterflye
    11 years ago

Thanks, Sharon! I will be there next year, I swear! Even if I only have a few measly seeds & some cuttings off house plants to contribute. I'm going to take your advice & keep jumping in. Hope I don't drive everybody crazy...my hubby says I write a book each time I post & nobody wants to read all that mess. LOL. (He does not like to read, so I tell him to shove it, what does he know? Most people like to read! I mean, why join a forum otherwise, right?) Thanks to you & everyone else for making me feel a part of this forum :)