Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
springcherry

Unusually Short Succession?

springcherry
18 years ago

Ahhh, finaly getting a bloom on a Lenten rose planted as a seedling 3 years ago. The bud looks like its going to be a white flower. But what is startling is the state of the bluebells. Their leaves have been up for a few weeks and some of them have already formed flowers. Bluebells this early? -- with the Lenten rose only just coming out and the lungworts hardly beginning? Is this odd or normal?

I just pruned my roses, several weeks too late though I usually don't do it till now and its never felt like too late before. Unmulched the euphorbia and its buds are well developed. Must get the pansies and the Johnny Jump ups in the ground but don't know when I can do it.

Do I unmulch the hydrangers and assume a spring where everything blooms in a wowingly bunched-up succession? Am I just, as perhaps I often am, overly-amazed, amused and awed by the ever-changing, ever-seductive wiles of abundent Mother Nature? Have bluebells ever formed this early before? Whatever though, how cool, how strange, how wonderful.

Springcherry

Comments (3)

Sponsored
The Creative Kitchen Company
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars47 Reviews
Franklin County's Kitchen Remodeling and Refacing Professional