Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
trichard1966

Thank you, PA!

TRichard1966
18 years ago

I just returned from vaca in your lovely state (South-Eastern area- Hershey/Lancaster), and I wanted to thank you all for your beautiful memories! Your gardens & lawns are beautiful, your farmlands are beautiful, and your weather was PERFECT! We were just south of Rte 76 on Rte 743, and what a gorgeous little area THAT was! It was so refreshing to see an entire neighborhood that was clean, tidy, and well kept! Your selections of flowers for your gardens were terrific!

I especially want to thank the farmers and your Dept of Transportation for planting LAVENDER all over the place! What a wonderful fragrance, and one I'm sure I'll remember for a long time! We passed an entire field of lavender just outside of Lancaster one day, and the air was just HEAVENLY! The roadsides were lined with it, and it wafted through our car on our daily trips out of the campground.

Ok, off my box now, and back in NH, but I wanted to just say "THANKS...for the memories!!!"

Comments (6)

• Kathy46
    18 years ago

I've lived in SE PA all my life and Lancaster County is still one of my favorite places to just drive around and see the beauty. My all time favorite place to be is up your way in Maine. Beautiful !!!

So glad your visit was a good one.

Kathy

• blueheron
    18 years ago

I was born and raised in Lancaster County and love it. Thanks for the kind words. (Where was the field of lavender? Just wondered!)

Haven't been to New England, but would love to see it. Brother- in-law lives in Vermont and haven't gotten there to visit yet. Also would love to see Boston and Plimoth Plantation.

• Patriz
    18 years ago

There's nothing like Lancaster County to elate the senses!
    I'm glad you had a great visit :)

• TRichard1966
    Original Author
    18 years ago

The field of lavender we found on our first day 'out and about.' We were probably 12 miles OUTSIDE of Lancaster cuz we had to get back to camp to meet our friends for dinner.

We were looking for a PYO Strawberry patch which was advertised on a small white sign with red lettering. Name of the Strawberry farm began with an "m" as I recall. It was Sunday, and the farm was closed. We just kept driving. I'd venture to guess we were slightly Northeast of Lancaster- maybe 6 miles out.

I *was* using a local Lancaster Farmlands map from the campground (which was VERY useful, btw), but didn't chart our course at all. Nearby was a small covered bridge (I say near...that would be within 2 miles of the general area of the Strawberry Patch. Seems to me we were heading North (I do have a decent sense of direction), and didn't make any turns, so the field had to be on that same stretch of road on the right.

Sorry I can't be of more help!

• TRichard1966
    Original Author
    18 years ago

Re-reading my post from last night...I guess I was tired...camp was on 743...we went Southeast from THERE, but never got directly TO Lancaster...so let's just go with *between* 6 & 12 miles Northwest of Lancaster.

The little white sign for the S-Patch was no more than a 2' x 2' thing very near the ground.

• zeffyrose
    18 years ago

So happy you enjoyed Lancaster. My daughter lives in Lancaster and I'm about 1 1/2 miles east and I love the area.

I've been to NH a few times and really enjoyed your state.

Florence