Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
stig_of_the_dump

Paeonia Wittmannia

Stig_of_the_Dump
13 years ago

I have seen pictures of Paeonia Wittmannia, and it looks very nice, at least on the screen. I have never come accross it in the Garden Centres here. Is it rare and expensive? I would like to know if this plant is worth growing in my garden or not. Also, Paeonia Macrophylla is on my wish list.

Comments (4)

• Stig_of_the_Dump
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Please remove this rather embarassing post. Sorry for your inconvenience.

• peonyman
    13 years ago

Stig,

It is not an embarassing post. I kept waiting for someone who knew anything about this species to speak up. I dont think I have seen it ever offered in one of our sales and we try to have some species peonies at each sale.

No doubt it must be more rare than some of the other species peonies.

Leon

• Stig_of_the_Dump
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Thanks, Leon.

Well I got the name wrong (it should be Witmanniana), and it seems that macrophylla is a variety.

I am hoping to get hold of it from Eastern Europe next fall.

• newine_gw
    13 years ago

I see from a previous post that you are located in Western Norway, so my telling you where to obtain the peonies may not be useful to you.Both peonies are available at Pacific Rim Plant Nursery in British Columbia, Canada. They are listed as paeonia daurica ssp. whittmanniana and paeonia daurica ssp. macrophylla.They ship out of country but I am not sure how far out of country.They grow a nice selection of species peonies grown from seed. Good luck with your search

Sponsored
J.S. Brown & Co.
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars77 Reviews
Columbus Leading Full Service Design Build Firm