Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
greenclaws

Desert Rose Adenium Obesum pics for Zacbit

Hello again Zacbit, firstly I am no expert with DR's, I have a lot to learn about them from here and from a couple of sites, so I'm just hoping what little bit I do know from personal experience may help you. DR's seem to fit into several categories including the Plumeria Forum, but also the Cactus/Succulent forum and the Tropicals as threads about them are found on all three here on GWeb. You can use the 'search option' to look for info on the other forums that may also help you.

Ok, lets see..to post a pic directly into the message box, just go to your photobucket pix and copy and paste the 3rd line of info from under the pic (the HTML tag) into a message box that you're writing in here on GW. Lots of codes will appear, go to preview to check, if not adjust its position etc, when OK, click submit....any probs just ask and I'll check back or somone else may come in to help. No need to do anything with the 'Link' options to do the above.

Now for the close ups..

this one below refuses to grow straight no matter what I do with it!! Think it needs re-potting a bit lower to stabilise it more, perhaps then it will do as I wish, who knows??

Finally, you ask where we are in the UK, its slap bang in the middle...aka the 'Midlands', in the north of the county of Staffordshire and the area called the 'Staffordshire Moorlands', near the theme park of Alton Towers. We have miles of open countryside all around us and we live in a small village of 100 or so houses. Glad you like the view..we do too!

Regards, Gill.

Comments (6)

• tdogdad
    14 years ago

great pictures, Gill. Great to hear your voice again. Hope all is well in the midlands. Bill

• greenclaws UK, Zone 8a
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Hi Bill, yes I have been a bit quiet of late, got baby grandson here for 2 weeks as our 3 plus partners are in your country, Florida to be exact. They return on Sunday, phew I'm exhausted, LOL! but we are both enjoying the time spent with him.
    My plumies are starting to wake up at last but they really do need some sun, at least I got them through the winter again.
    Things are OK here thanks, APART from this darned awful weather, nothing but rain, still having to have fire on in evenings...and it's almost June!! Having some luck now with DR's so just 'trying' to help out another grower.
    Take care, Gill.

• zacbit
    14 years ago

Many thanks again Gill. Think you have given me enough info to get started. Great pictures...So happy that a friend gave me the Desert Rose, love making friends from all over the world on this site...Will keep you posted. As mentioned before, we live in Texas, sixty miles from the Gulf of Mexico in "hurricane alley" and have experienced two really bad storms, one in 05 and again in 08. We lost forty, eighty year old trees between the both storms. Many neighbors had homes crushed when their's fell. We escaped much house damage, but just the thought of the season starting again has everyone's anxiety level up..Nice to focus on my Desert Rose...So appreiate your help....Will keep checking in..

• littlem_2007
    14 years ago

hello, Gill, i enjoyed your pictures, too. they look very healthy.
    sue

• karyn1
    14 years ago

Gill those are so cute. I'm finally getting blooms on one of the ones I started from seed.

• greenclaws UK, Zone 8a
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Hi there Sue and Karyn, great to see you posting about DR's. I think they are amazing plants, I really hope I can get one to flower at some point for me!! These guys have really been through the mill to get to this stage, earlier in the year I thought they were gonners, but the heated propagator bought them back from the brink of death. I started some others from seed a few weeks back but only got 3 to germinate this time....don't know what I was playing at as I later realised I'd had them too wet and too hot so they just rotted away....drat, a silly mistake to make.
    Karyn, how old are your seedlings that are blooming? These in the pics above were sown on 10th Feb '08. Would love to see some pics of yours if poss? Your new seedling with the variegated leaves looks really interesting...keep us posted on its progress please?
    Regards, Gill.

Sponsored
Davidson Builders
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Franklin County's Full-Scale General Contractor