Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
fragrantgrower

New shipment of JJ plumies in at Southwood, Tulsa!

Picked up a three tipped, two inflos 'Rhonda'.
Priced $34.99 however they currently have a 30% off sale so it's $24.49 ($26.58 with tax).

Don't know if I should be cursing or thanking Mike for the heads up. ;)

Totally blaming Lynn (No-Clue) for waxing on and on about Rhonda. Mine has one bloom opening up and it smells peachy which I love so now I've got 17. I suppose I'm just as sick as the rest of you guys. Laugh.

They've also got Divine, Mini-White, Ken's White, Jenny, Dulcemia, Tai Surprise, Temptation, Melody, etc. however they mostly only have one of each so grab them while they're there if you want one. :)

-Robert

Comments (15)

• mksmth zone 7a Tulsa Oklahoma
    10 years ago

I'm proud of myself for resisting. had they gotten an Inca Gold or J105 I would have not been so strong. LoL. that Rhonda is a nice one.

Mike

• Robert (zone 7a, Oklahoma)
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Ha! I was proud of myself for resisting the last batch but when you told me about Rhonda I caved. Laugh.
    Of course reading about Melody's strong floral scent doesn't help my addiction. ;)

-Robert

This post was edited by robert1971 on Sat, Jun 15, 13 at 15:11

• rox146
    10 years ago

Man, does it sure sound like Texas got the better stuff than we did in Ventura/Oxnard ca. roxanne

• No-Clue
    10 years ago

Way to go Robert! You finallly got Rhonda! I'm going to see if JJ has a 5 Gal for me... so I can get another one. LOL. She totally is still one of my all time favorite.

In case you forgot what she looked like last year.

{{gwi:1174559}}
    Firing on all cylinders.

{{gwi:1174560}}
    So beautiful and so yummy!!

{{gwi:1174561}}
    Oh what the heck, here is another photo of Rhonda.

{{gwi:1174562}}

Enjoy her!

Original Author
    10 years ago

Thanks, Roxanne! We're in OK but we border TX. ;)

Lynn,

Your pics are gorgeous. Thanks for sharing them!
    Looking forward to sniffing them hopefully all summer. :)

-Robert

• No-Clue
    10 years ago

She's a generous bloomer... mine lasted all the way to November! So hopefully yours will too. :)

• beachplant
    10 years ago

LOL! I was going to say ya`ll ain`t in Texas. Our local nursery got some JJ but not a big selection and expensive. 1 gallon pots $29.99 to $49.99 and 5 gallon pots for $139.99, most just generic labels,ie; white/yellow, red. I picked up Alexandria for $29.99 and used a 15% off coupon.
    Tally HO!

• rox146
    10 years ago

Sorry...just saw the T and assumed the big state....some of those you named were ones I ordered from him in early August...still waiting for Rhonda to leaf out....roxanne

Original Author
    10 years ago

Good to see JJ is becoming more and more available!

Roxanne,

Do you like Rhonda's scent? You know I'm all about scent. Laugh.

-Robert

• rox146
    10 years ago

Robert..I am still waiting for it to leaf out...BUT, I did order ROXY (my nick name) from him and it is going gang busters with an inflo that grows more each day. Such an exciting time of year....roxanne

Original Author
    10 years ago

Roxy, Sorry. Thought you had it from last year. :)

Great name for a plumie and you're right! It is a very exciting time of the year. I've noticed inflos on my California Sunset, Inca Gold, Celadine and I think my Bangkok Fire aka Daeng Maha Choke is pushing one! Woo hoo!

-Robert

• mksmth zone 7a Tulsa Oklahoma
    10 years ago

"Help me Rhonda
    Help, help me Rhonda"

She is a pretty one

Mike

• Dar Sunset Zone 18
    10 years ago

Wow Rhonda is beautiful. :) Wish I could find her locally, but its just the usual varieties.

• No-Clue
    10 years ago

Musa,

Come to JJ's Open House in July. I'm sure he will have some blooming Rhondas by then.

What I love about plumerias, scent aside is how different the same flowers look depending on heat and humidity. Photos are of the same plant at different time last summer.

• beachplant
    10 years ago

Rhonda is gorgeous.
    Even in the same garden in the same year plumeria can vary so greatly in the coloring of the blooms. It`s always a surprise.
    Tally Ho!

Sponsored
NME Builders LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars2 Reviews
Industry Leading Kitchen & Bath Remodelers in Franklin County, OH