Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
dave_in_nova

It's been hot and you can tell by the coloration...

...of my Kimo.

Apologies for my bad camera. Reds are hard to capture. It should be more red and less hot pink. Anyway, here's Kimo after a run of several days above 100úF and nights in 80s plus humidity.

Comments (9)

• mksmth zone 7a Tulsa Oklahoma
    11 years ago

Thats a beauty!!

Thanks for sharing.

Mike

• elucas101
    11 years ago

WOW! Absolutely beautiful! That makes those temps worthwhile doesn't it?!

• pcput
    11 years ago

Looking good Dave. Love what the heat does to them. I look at 100+ days so differently now :) Peg

• sflgplume
    11 years ago

Always enjoy seeing pics of your Kimo, Dave--beautiful! Thanks for sharing.

Greg

• No-Clue
    11 years ago

Beautiful! I'm so envious of all your hot temps! My Kimo is not doing a thing. At least it's not dead so we'll see.

• Loveplants2 8b Virginia Beach, Virginia
    11 years ago

Hey Dave,

Can you believe these temps?

Hard to even breath...

Kimo looks beautiful and yes, you can see the effect on the coloration from the massive heat we are having here on the East Coast. Temps for the last week have been in the triple digits...

I have been thinking of you all up in the NOVA area and i hope that all is well. Seems like the storms have been traveling through your neck of the woods lately.

We just had one roll through just now ... Probably had at least an inch of rain!!

Thanks for the picss..please keep them coming. MR is pushing another inflo. This beast is one blooming machine. LOL... Thank you again!!

I just love the Kimo!!!!

Take Care,

Laura

• nativec
    11 years ago

Gorgeous! :)

Nicole

• joanr
    11 years ago

Dave,

That is a beautiful flower and I know what you mean about trying to capture the true color on film. The reds just don't seem to have the depth of color like they do in real life. Wish we were there to see and smell it. What a treat to compensate for the high temps.

Here in Texas we have been having rains every day for the last few days and the colors are not as intense as when we have 100 degree days but we need the rain! And by next week we will probably be back to 100 degrees with 100% humidity.

Thanks for sharing that beauty with us and remember to drink plenty of water if you have to be outside.

Joan

Joan

• Dave in NoVA • N. Virginia • zone 7A
    Original Author
    11 years ago

I'm not sure that the temps are worth it. LOL! We've been so very dry. Still are. It seems the rains just go North and South of us.

I've got so much work to do on the house and it's too hot to paint. The paint just dries up in the tray before I can pull the roller out. LOL! It was a bit cooler yesterday for a change, but 85% humidity and paint wouldn't dry!

Go figure.

Sponsored
Snider & Metcalf Interior Design, LTD
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars23 Reviews
Leading Interior Designers in Columbus, Ohio & Ponte Vedra, Florida