Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
dmforcier_gw

The guardian of the peppers

DMForcier
11 years ago

Perched in the top of my cubanelle, eying evil insects.

Comments (16)

• peppernovice
    11 years ago

How much does he charge? I may need to rent his services.

Tim

• esox07 (4b) Wisconsin
    11 years ago

Here is an afternoon snack for your little fella.
    Bruce

• User
    11 years ago

Nice shot DMForcier!

• tsheets
    11 years ago

Yes, nice shot!

• Djole
    11 years ago

Yes :)

• scorpion_john
    11 years ago

i like that DM, nice pic

• Armageddon
    11 years ago

those pics do look pretty sweet i am gonna have to hit the pet shop to by a python to wrap up in 1 of my trees to compete with ya guys now .... (smile)

• DMForcier
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Heck, I'm surprised the cats haven't killed him yet.

Python, eh? Hmmmm....

• Armageddon
    11 years ago

here is 1 of my guardians was born under the house along with a few others he decided to stick around the others only come by every now and then but he runs off any squirrels and eats some of the flying bugs cant pick him up yet he is still a bit wild . 1 of my other gardens is being guarded by a 200lb Neo Mastiff (smile)

• DMForcier
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Mine are all too tame. Little Minnie was a barn cat and is death on silent cat feets, but she prefers more entertaining game. I do wish she'd stop trying to ranch them under the stove, though.

Of the other two, one is too elderly and the other too aloof. I always try to keep a "one tom to rule them all", and a young boy to cause trouble. But the coyotes got my boys. So for now the reptiles and amphibians are safe.

• woohooman San Diego CA zone 10a
    11 years ago

I have a hard time keeping lizards or birds in the backyard... My dog chases anything that moves. I used to see quite a few larger lizards hanging around but now all I see is the babies. Too bad she doesn't go after the cabbage loopers, sphinx moths, whiteflies, aphids, and slugs.

The cats used to get the gophers now and then but I can't let them out back any longer because of the DOG.

When she was a pup, she would bury her bones at the base of my veggies. I had to start putting chicken wire around the garden.

I wouldn't trade her for anything though, so now I just rant about pest and disease control.

Nice shot btw DMF :)

Kevin

• DMForcier
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Here's a shot of him giving me attitude.

(I think he's actually eying Minnie sitting in the jalapeno pot next over (damn cat!).)

• tsheets
    11 years ago

That is so cool that he just hangs out there! I'd be out there with my camera all the time!

• kuvaszlvr
    11 years ago

Gorgeous lizard! You know, this has been a weird year, it seems like every time I move a pot or mow around the garden I spook up several lizards, none as pretty as yours though. I've never seen this many lizards before.

• greenman28 NorCal 7b/8a
    11 years ago

Fantastic! Is it an Anole of some sort?

Just yesterday I noticed a little garden helper on the edge of my Chocolate Hab conainer...

• sunnibel7 Md 7
    11 years ago

Lovely, he's very handsome! I just saw one of his distant relatives on my porch next to the mint bed. A pretty juvenile 5-lined skink with a sky blue tail. He didn't hold still for a picture though.

Sponsored
Ferguson Bath, Kitchen & Lighting Gallery
Average rating: 4.4 out of 5 stars233 Reviews
Ferguson Bath, Kitchen & Lighting Gallery