Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
jenren2_gw

Will Magnolia trees grow in Las Vegas

jenren2
14 years ago

I have seen several beautiful Magnolia trees around Las Vegas, especially at the Town square mall. I am surprised they grow here & I would love to plant one in my backyard. Any tips on how to find an optimal spot? are the heat or cold tolerant? curious if I would be wasting my time if it will dye in the winter or after a few years.

Love to hear your feedback

Thanks

Jen

Comments (5)

• lazy_gardens
    14 years ago

Take some pictures of the ones you like - leaves, bark, buds and flowers. Take them to a nursery for identification.

When do they bloom? Before leaves? With leaves?

Yes, they apparently will grow, but you have to have the right species (of the hundreds of species).

• petzold6596
    14 years ago

Check out the microclimate these trees are growing in and determine if you can replicate it.

• mdickerson78
    14 years ago

I believe there are a bunch outside of the Mandala Bay Convention Center as well.

• blkthm_killerofgreen
    13 years ago

They planted a bunch where I work. We have been in this building for 2 years now. The trees are growing but they have not bloomed as of yet.

• guzie
    13 years ago

Yes they will. I live in an area where mid summer temps can get to 110 degrees farenheight.

You do have to ensure heavy watering when first planting and continuous watering even after being established.

Paul

Here is a link that might be useful: Magnolia trees in the Southwest

Sponsored
Landscape Management Group
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars28 Reviews
High Quality Landscaping Services in Columbus