Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
denisew03

Where are these ladies?

denisew
16 years ago

I was just thinking the other day that I haven't seen posts by some of the regulars here for quite some time. Anyone know where Carolann, Jolana, Kristi, etc. have been? I haven't seen them posting anything in awhile and they are so knowledgeable - I always enjoy reading their posts. They must be busy working in their gardens.

Comments (16)

• carrie751
    16 years ago

They are just busy, Denise, I feel sure. I miss them, also.

• rick_mcdaniel
    16 years ago

Carrie, I haven't forgotten your gourd seeds.....I just haven't found the time to decide what to do with the gourds yet! So, I haven't pulled the seeds out.

However, I had a chat with someone in Little Elm, who has seeds ready and available, so I plan to see if I can get you some from her. (She does gourd art, also.)

• carrie751
    16 years ago

Rick, I am no hurry for the gourd seed, don't bother to try to get some from someone else --- I will be happy to wait. Thanks.....

• necia
    16 years ago

Come out, come out, wherever you are!

Also, haven't seen PJ post lately. Maybe I have just missed it, though.

Happy Gardening,
    Necia

• rick_mcdaniel
    16 years ago

OK. I will likely get to the gourds, as soon I finish taxes. I am beginning to catch up on some stuff.

• pjtexgirl
    16 years ago

I have no idea where those deliquents are. Sheesh! PJ

• rick_mcdaniel
    16 years ago

They are probably collaborating on a gardening book. Probably just want to point at the book, and stop answering all those questions!!!!(smile)

• roselee z8b S.W. Texas
    16 years ago

I miss them too.

• carolann_z8
    16 years ago

Ladies...what ladies???

How nice to be missed. I've been busy with gardening and taking short trips to haunted plantations....you know the usual stuff. LOL

Our garden club started getting into mosaics and PJ and I have become addicted.

Here's a birdhouse and birdbath I just finished.

• carrie751
    16 years ago

Those are beautiful, Carol Ann --- ah, such talent!!!!

• carolann_z8
    16 years ago

Thanks Carrie. I've really enjoyed doing the projects and it adds a little art to my yard.

• necia
    16 years ago

Beautiful! You are very talented!

=)Necia

• carrie751
    16 years ago

Maybe you and PJ can teach me (you know, old dog - new tricks) someday....LOL>

• carolann_z8
    16 years ago

Thanks Necia. Carrie, it's easy to do. If I can do it then anyone can. I'd be glad to teach you.

• denisew
    Original Author
    16 years ago

That birdhouse is just so cute! You're going to have to give us directions on how to make that. did you start off with a craft store birdhouse then glue the tiles, then grout? Did you use a grout sealer? I have done mosaic stepping stones using the prefabricated concrete stones, so know a little bit about it, but haven't done birdhouses or bird baths.

• carolann_z8
    16 years ago

Thanks Denise. This was a birdhouse I had in my courtyard. It was ugly and plain so I broke tiles and attached them with thinset and then grouted and sealed it.
    You and Carrie should come over one day and we can do a mosaic project together.