Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
optimus_gw

Basement waterproofing, Philadelphia area?

optimus
16 years ago

I'm looking into having the basement of my ~100 yr. old house repaired and waterproofed. Does anyone have any experience with the "Basement Plus" company or any recommendations in the Philadelphia area?

Comments (2)

• theporchguy
    16 years ago

See if Mid-Atlantic Basement waterproofing is in you area. They are real professionals.

Good Luck,
    The PorchGuy

Here is a link that might be useful: My Album

• optimus
    Original Author
    16 years ago

I have no intention of using Mid Atlantic -- I *did* get them to come give me an estimate. Unfortunately that was *before* I saw the incredibly poor reviews here on these forums. The Mid Atlantic salesmen were rude, used high pressure tactics, and didn't let us get a word in edgewise to ask questions.

By contrast, the Basement Plus guy was very nice; stayed for only as long as he promised, and sent a written estimate by mail within a few days of assessing our basement. His offer stands for 30 days (unlike the "sign now or the deal's off" approach of the Mid Atlantic people). We haven't decided whether to use Basement Plus yet, but they're certainly much more pleasant to interact with than Mid Atlantic.

--Optimus

Here is a link that might be useful: Garden Web Discussion of Mid Atlantic