Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
islandgirl12_gw

A super pale pink for a girls bathroom?

islandgirl12
12 years ago

I am horrible with paint color, never like what i choose. My daughter who is 12 is insisting on a pink for her white bathroom. I want a really really light one because i know how colors look one way on the chip then they get much more colorful on the wall. So any suggestions? preferably Benjamin moore since thats what the painter suggests. Thank you.

Comments (13)

• Billl
    12 years ago

Paint color is in the eye of the beholder. If it really is your daughter's bathroom, just let her pick a color. It's only paint. If she hates it 2 years from now, make her repaint it.

• alku05
    12 years ago

And get a sample to paint a large swatch on the wall, or better yet a sample board, so you can see the color in your space before deciding.

• bethcw
    12 years ago

BM Elephant Pink is very, very pale and very pretty. We painted my daughter's ceiling in it (she has cloud white wall) and it is so pretty! A very soft pink...

Beth

• francoise47
    12 years ago

BM Atrium white has a pretty pink undertone. It is often used as a trim color. But it can look lovely on walls. It will read as a white with pink undertones rather than pink.

• MongoCT
    12 years ago

I let my kids choose the colors for their rooms. And their shared bathroom. We didn't always agree with what they chose, but you know what? They then had a vested interest in their rooms and bathroom, so over the years they've been more diligent about the upkeep of the rooms. It's "their paint".

On the plus side...her friends will be totally jealous that she actually picked out her own colors. And her friend's parents will be jealous that you had the courage to let her do so.

I highly encourage you to let her have "her room" instead of you giving her "your version of her room".

And as others have mentioned...it's only paint. Relax, let go, and have fun with it all.

• lolab
    12 years ago

One suggestion FWIW -- if you think you like a color, follow it down on the the paint card to the darkest shade. That's where you'll see whether it has a purple or peach or bubblegum tint. Even if you choose the lightest shade on that card, the overall effect will mimic that darkest shade.

Try starting at the bottom of the paint card to find a color you like, then choose the shade that's 2 or 3 (or more!) steps higher up (if that makes sense).

Sarah Richardson just ran into the same problem with a grey paint she chose on her 101 show that ended up being too green. It was obvious when she looked at the darkest shade on the card.

Good luck!

• countrygirl217
    12 years ago

Agree with lolab...that's how I picked every color in my house.

• avadoone
    12 years ago

I had a hard time finding a really pale gray blue for my guest room. So I ended up mixing some acrylic paint I had at my house. I mixed up the perfect color. Then I painted a few coats on to a piece of paper and took it to be matched. It is just what I wanted!

• lisa0527
    12 years ago

Farrow and Ball "Slipper Satin"! As gorgeous as it sounds. Very pale neutral with a touch of pink.

• sdw1
    12 years ago

I love Benjamin Moore paint. I have used it, along with Ralph Lauren, and Lowe's Valspar in the last few years. Benjamin Moore was my favorite, hands down! It does not run easily like many paints will do. They will have numerous paint samples to choose from, as well. I will say I just painted in the last month with Benjamin Moore and it is VERY close to the paint sample, just a slight bit lighter.

I think your daughter's idea of pink sounds very pretty. I also like the idea of pink with white. Maybe the two of you could look at all of their paint samples together and pick some out to take home to check with the lighting and finishes of the room. Taking the paint sample cards home is very important.

Good luck to both of you! Also, remember paint colors are an easy fix.

• tomkinley
    12 years ago

Girls room designing has special style, designed with a soft feeling. Girls bathroom has soft colors and romantic.

Here is a link that might be useful: Toronto Home Renovations, Toronto House Renovations

• brickton
    12 years ago

We let our little girl pick out the pink for her room.. and then lightened it 50%. It's still the color she wanted, just minus the blinding intense pinkness.

• lolab
    12 years ago

Here's the latest from houzz.com on picking the perfect pink.

Here is a link that might be useful: [Houzz does pink!![(https://www.houzz.com/magazine/how-to-pick-the-perfect-pink-stsetivw-vs~579113?utm_campaign=updates&utm_medium=email&utm_content=gallery3&d=3&w=131508)

Sponsored
Dream Baths by Kitchen Kraft
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars12 Reviews
Your Custom Bath Designers & Remodelers in Columbus I 10X Best Houzz