Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
lip2000

Electrolux Icon oven door install problem

lip2000
15 years ago

Hi,

I just installed our new electrolux icon oven. My father took the door off the oven before we lifted it into place. Unfortunately I was not there when he took it off.

I know there is a lock/lever as I was there when he pulled that towards us to "lock" it for door removal. With the door out, that lock/lever is completely locked as I can't budge it.

My dad's went back home (couple of hours away) and now we cannot get the door back on.

Any hints on this? It's driving us crazy!

Thanks.

LIP

Comments (6)

• lip2000
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Can anyone suggest anything? I've seen a video on the web with a similar latch mechanism but it's not exactly the same...
    I'm pulling my hair out!

Thanks.
    LIP

• lip2000
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Any help anyone?

Thanks.

• llaatt22
    15 years ago

It seems to be a standard design from just looking at the user manual on the icon website. Why are you trying to move the lock levers if you haven't got the door back in yet?

Is the door heavy? Does it take two people? Lift it up so that the top of the door is almost where it would be in the normally closed position and with the bottom hinges held away until they line up with the slots and push the bottom of the door fully in. Let the top close too. Does the door appear normal, even, and tightly closed? Now open the door all the way and place the lock levers back in the lock position.

Good luck!

• lip2000
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Thanks.
    I am going to try this tonight.
    I went to the store and they were useless.

I was trying to move that latch because I thought it should still move when the door is out of the oven but obviously I'm wrong.

I'll send an update.

Regards,

LIP

• lip2000
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Tried it again and what you suggest just isn't possible.
    If I line up the top of the door to be closed, the bottom hinges are below the holes where they go in. When I get the hinges in the holes, the door is higher up than where it should be.
    I can't believe I am having such a problem. I have never had a problem with oven doors before. I looked around the web and seen an example of a guy putting in this type of door and he had no problem...doesn't make sense.

HELP!

LIP