Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
ponchobf

Slidebar recommendations for handshower?

PonchoBF
10 years ago

Please let me know of high quality slidebars for a handshower.

I've heard of many slidebars that have problems with adjustments or cannot adjust the handshower's angle and some that cannot keeping the handshower in place, allowing it to slide down over time due to its weight.

All of my new shower fixtures are in brushed nickel finish from Kohler.

Thanks!

Comments (4)

• maks_2000
    10 years ago

Several years ago (5) we did a Master Bath remodel & installed both a fixed shower head & a second handheld with slide bar. These were Kohler Forte & we have been very happy. The shower stays in place & we can move it (& it has been moved). The head can also be angled from the slide bar connection. We've had no complaints & our growing boys used for a while & it was moved up & down to accommodate the boys.

I am currently remodeling secondary baths & am putting Grohe Relaxa hand showers with slide bars. I'm making the change as much because I wanted a different look for these showers, plus the prices seemed right & a little less. I did not want the same fixtures as the Master Bath. I hope this helps.

• PonchoBF
    Original Author
    10 years ago

I was considering the Kohler Artifacts. I think this may be very similar to the Forte.

Thanks for the info on how the Forte has been doing for you over the year.

I'm not set on the slidebar being from Kohler. ...Still shopping on this item.

• Babka NorCal 9b
    10 years ago

Our Grohe bar and shower hand held head is adjustible in every way. Have you been to a plumbing showroom to see how these things work? Some parts are universal, and some are brand related.

-Babka

• kaysd
    10 years ago

We have used the Hansgrohe Raindance head on the 36" Unica wallbar as the only shower head in 3 showers now. (1 used for 8 years, 1 for 2 years and 1 being installed this month.) The 36" of height adjustment is great, but so is the up-down and side-to-side pivot of the head. The water stream can be focused straight down, straight out (great for the lower back with the head moved down the bar), or any angle in between. The head position is easy to adjust, and we have had no problems with sliding.

The "E" style Raindance head is good for transitional or contemporary (maybe traditional) and the "S" is more modern.

The water pressure is great for getting shampoo out of my long hair.

If you already purchased brushed nickel shower controls from Kohler, you would have to make sure the finishes match between the 2 brands, otherwise, go with a Kohler wall bar. We used Hansgrohe for all our shower fixtures, then different brands for the sink faucets to get the styling we wanted.

Here is a link that might be useful: Raindance