Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
ntt_hou

JC Penney Dinnerware

ntt_hou
16 years ago

I have an eye for this set on sale (link below) which is porcelain. I like the simple style and that they're porcelain. It's going to be used as everyday dinnerware but elegant enough for special occasions.

I'm wondering if anyone have any JCP porcelain dinnerware set? How do you like or dislike them?

Thanks.

Natalie

Here is a link that might be useful: JCP Porcelain Dinnerware

Comments (9)

• lindac
    16 years ago

I am sure JC Pennys didnt' make it....
    the blanks are the same as my 20 year old Mikasa porcelain....which I love!
    I think it's great....buy 3 sets while you are buying and you will have enough for formal dinners as well.
    Go for it!!
    Linda C

• ntt_hou
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Oh Linda, I'm so glad that you're the one that responded. I value your responds, you seem to be reasonable and know what you're saying. Thanks.

Yes, I'm awared that JCP didn't make these but couldn't find anywhere who did. Although, I feel that I can trust JCP since they have a decent purchasing policy.

Since this item is available online only, I hesitate a bit of shipping fragile dinnerware. I had called them last night and they reassured me that they will replace any broken piece without any hassle and they have plenty of this design for replacement.

3 sets, 18 servings, are not enough for the holidays. My family is growing (niece is getting married in March!). It seems to be such a good deal so I just placed an order of 4 sets plus 1 serving set.

Thanks again for taking time to respond Linda.

• lindac
    16 years ago

OOOH!!! Dishes!!! Lots of them!! Love it! For $40 per setting for 6...how can you go wrong...
    And by the way...I have been putting my gold trimmed Mikasa into the dishwasher for 20 years....and it's just fine....the red band is wearing but the gold is perfect!
    I am sooo sold on fine china for everyday I can't tell you. My only objection is the lack of funky patterns. But a stack of plates is lighter....they don't chip, they take less room and,,,generally wear a lot better than iron stone or pottery.
    Good choice! I'm sitting here wondering who I can buy some for!! LOL!
    I have outfitted my daughter with 24 place settings of 2 ironstone patterns, and my DIL with 24 place settings of her Wedgewood....and heavens knows, I have lots of dishes of my own..
    But....such a deal!!!
    Linda C

• ntt_hou
    Original Author
    16 years ago

I received the JCP dinnerware today!! Boy, that was fast and you're right Linda, lots and lots of dishes!!!

They shipped each set separately. So far, I've only checked 2 sets and none were broken.

On the bottom of each dish, it says "Elegance" by Kenney. Linda, would you know anything about the brand?

• lindac
    16 years ago

What else does it say? China, Japan? Indonesia? I never heard of Kenney dinnerware.
    Are you pleased?
    Linda C

• ntt_hou
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Oops, I mispelled it. It's KenneX, not Kenney. I took a pic of the bottom plate (below).

Yes! I'm happy with the purchase. Porcelain dinnerware are light and easier to manage for me. Earthenware, I think, are very heavy and that's without food on it!

{{gwi:1467758}}

• ntt_hou
    Original Author
    16 years ago

The only thing that I'm a bit dissapointed is that they're not microwave and dishwasher safe. Do you think, it's because of the gold trimming?

Looks like they're not going to be used as everyday. But, I got plenty of everyday dinneware.

• ntt_hou
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Hey Linda, I found information on Kennex. It's a manufacturer in Hong Kong (originated), China and UK.

Here is a link that might be useful: Kennex

• lindac
    16 years ago

I would sure put them into the dishwasher!!! The gold may fade...but if you rotate your stock, who's to know.
    Yes you can't put anything with gold trim into the micro....and if you forget, the sparks will soon remind you!!
    Use it! Figure that the stuff cost about $1.10 per piece...and enjoy it!
    Linda C