Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
alexx_gw

Advice on which 36" chimney wall hood to choose

alexx
11 years ago

Hi,
I'm looking at a couple of chimney range hoods with 8 inch ducts to go over a 30" LG freestanding range (we'll have standard 24 inch counters) and wondering if any GWwers have a preference or insight. We want all SS, no glass canopy, and preferably some rounded corners since my husband has hit his head a bunch of times on our current hood.:

Best WT32I362sb (has 600 CFM) $850

Proline PROS2W 36 (has 900 CFM) $989

Electrolux RH36WC55SS (600 CF) $944

Elica ERM636SS (600 CFM) $912

Feel free to share any other options you might think would work.

THANKS!

Comments (12)

• elissahart
    11 years ago

We recently ordered a Zephyr Savona chimney hood for our new kitchen: http://zephyronline.com/products/essentials_europa/savona_wall

We liked the slightly rounded shape, although I'm not sure that it's totally corner free . . .

• alexx
    Original Author
    11 years ago

@ERHM: I saw that one--the Savona and it's beautiful but only has a 6 inch rounded duct :(

• breezygirl
    11 years ago

Have you checked out Kobe? They get good reviews here. I was planning the 101 series in the 42" width until I came across a great deal on my Rangecraft hood. You didn't mention how many cfms your range needs. Here are two that fit the size and duct size bill. One is 720 cfms and the other is 1000.

Here is a link that might be useful: Kobe hoods sorted for your requirements

• PLS373
    11 years ago

I just ordered a 36" Kobe RA02-1. It has a good reputation, baffles rather than mesh filters, good loocking and full 24" depth. It does use a 6" duct. Do you need something with an 8" because of your current hood's duct? Could you run a section of 6" out of the hood then use an adapter to attach it to your current 8"? Someone who knows more than I can hopefully answer that question.

• alexx
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Hi, I need at least 600 CFM. The contractor indicated that I needed and 8" because that is what we currently have (I am not clear whether it can be modified or whether having 8 is a good thing that I should be happy about--but I am specifically looking for an 8") In reading here, it seems baffles are better than mesh so I will definitely look for that--it also looks like LED lights are preferable to halogen--I'll keep you all posted.

I also found a Zephyr that might work SVE-E36BS (715 CFM, 24 deep but says it has an alumninum mesh filter.)It looks like the Electrolux and the Proline are the only two that say stainless steel filter and from the Proline video--if I understand that baffles are SS grates that can be pulled out and put in the DW--that is what they have...

What is the difference/benefits between baffle and mesh?

Would love to hear if anyone has any input on my original findings.

• wdmoeller
    11 years ago

Before ordering anything from Proline one would be well-advised to check out their history with the Better Business Bureau.

Here is a link that might be useful: Proline Range Hoods BBB page

• KAREN
    11 years ago

Does aybody have any info on Xtreme range hoods? They have SS baffles, led lighting, non- magnetic Stainless steel,rust free SS.

• cluelessincolorado
    11 years ago

We have the 36" Zephyr Venezia, mesh filters. They pop out and go in the DW, although I always wash mine by hand.

• User
    8 years ago

clueless - what is the difference between the siena and venezia, they look the same, I see the venezia comes out 24 inches but that's it?

• ginny20
    8 years ago

I have a 36" Kobe with rounded corners, and I really like it. I have also found that the baffles wash up better by hand than in the dishwasher. But it is easy to clean and relatively quiet.

• User
    8 years ago
    I ordered the Venezia