Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
eric859

Osburn 2200 Fireplace Insert Installation

eric859
13 years ago

Yesterday I came across a startup company selling fireplace inserts. The guy I spoke with was very nice and seemed to be willing to bend over backwards for my business. His final prices were about 1/3 less than local places so I went with them. I ordered an Osburn 2200 fireplace insert. They are coming Friday to install it. I'm concerned that they may cut corners because of their inexperience and/or extremely low prices. I was wondering if anyone can give me some advice to make sure they install it right.

For example, is there a minimum type of chimney pipe thickness I should make sure they use? Is there anything that I need to make sure they do as far as placement of the insert or the connection of the insert to the chimney piping? I spoke with one company that said they use some sort of metal sheet that gets fabricated onsite that goes between the top of the insert and the inside top of the fireplace to add a level of heat insulation. I didn't see anything like that in the Osburn manual though. Is it necessary? Should I make sure these guys do this?

Basically, the low price I'm paying has me worried and I want to make sure that the install is up to code and done right.

Thanks

Eric

Comments (3)