Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
gw_oakley

gtky

Oakley
14 years ago

Getting to Know You:

1. What are you wearing at this moment?

2. What have you eaten today, or plan on eating?

3. What time did you get up this morning?

4. What are your plans for today, or tomorrow if you're reading this late in the day.

5. What is your favorite fruit pie or cobbler?

6. Now think back..what was your favorite Christmas present you received in 2008?

7. Think back again, what was the funniest or "WTH?" Christmas present you received in 2008?

8. Do you watch Soap Operas, and if so, which one's? Now be honest here. :)

9. David Letterman or Jay Leno?

1. Crime shows or a GOOD 30 minute comedy show?

Comments (18)

• Oakley
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Getting to Know You:

Green tee-shirt, navy shorts with white running stripes

Raisin Bran.

5:00 am

4. What are your plans for today, or tomorrow if you're reading this late in the day.

Today the guys are supposed to come out and take the doors off the cabs so they can paint them in their shop. They're not HERE yet. Naturally.

Blueberry cobbler or pie. Yum.

6. Now think back..what was your favorite Christmas present you received in 2008?

A medium size Pretty Lady

7. Think back again, what was the funniest or "WTH?" Christmas present you received in 2008?

A cake pan from William Sonoma to bake a bear cake with. As if. lol. But it's nice and I'll give it a shot one of these years for my grand son.

Yes I do! I watch The Young & the Restless, and the Bold and the Beautiful. Great soapy soaps!

Jay Leno. I like DL but I find him to be cruel at times to his guests with NO humor in it the way Jay does his interviews.

Give me a good sitcom like Everybody Loves Raymond any time over the depressing crime shows. Enough already!

• dgranara
    14 years ago

Getting to Know You:

My "cold weather in June" clothes. I'm in Boston. Yesterday was almost 80. Today, not so much.

Probably Boloco for lunch. Summer Burrito (mango salsa, mmm.)

6:30. My alarm clock, also known as my two year-old is very reliable.

Work :(

Apple.

Boots from my Mom. Kept me warm all winter.

Can't remember. Probably something else from my Mom. Oh, I know...I COACH contact case! Who the heck needs a Coach contact case!?! And yes, it was from my Mom. Love her.

No.

Letterman.

GOOD comedy. GOOD is key. Although, lately some of the crime shows are comedically entertaining in their own right. I really like The Mentalist :)

• User
    14 years ago

Flowing longish skirt in shades of deep teal, olive green and turquoise, deep teal tee, brown kitten-heel sandals.

2. What have you eaten today, or plan on eating? I had oatmeal for breakfast, and plan on having a falafel wrap for lunch.

3. What time did you get up this morning? 7:40 a.m.

4. What are your plans for today, or tomorrow if you're reading this late in the day. Work, going home for lunch, looking forward to seeing what else DH and my inlaws get planted in my new flowerbed this afternoon! :-)

5. What is your favorite fruit pie or cobbler? Homemade cherry pie! Mmmmmm!

6. Now think back..what was your favorite Christmas present you received in 2008? A trip to Cabo!

7. Think back again, what was the funniest or "WTH?" Christmas present you received in 2008? It was neither funny or "WTH", but it was unusual and unexpected. My parents gave us tickets to see the King Tut exhibit in Dallas.

8. Do you watch Soap Operas, and if so, which one's? Now be honest here. :) Not a soap opera per se, but I did get a bit hooked on the first season of BBC America's "Mistresses" and look forward to its return next season.

9. David Letterman or Jay Leno? Letterman, hands down.

1. Crime shows or a GOOD 30 minute comedy show? I hate crime shows. Give me a comedy instead -- as long as it's actually funny. (I also hate unfunny sitcoms!)
  • newdawn1895
    14 years ago

What are you wearing at this moment?

Black sleeveless Tee shirt and black pajama bottoms.

Oatmeal, two pieces of turkey bacon, and two fried eggs over easy.

4:20 A.M.

I think I am staying home and cleaning up a bit. I have been out of town and need to do some things at home.

Hands down, PEACH COBBLER w/vanilla ice cream.

A huge dutch oven by Chantal.

Quite frankly, I don't care for funny presents. But I think someone could change my mind, I'm pretty open.

I hate soap operas more than anything I can think of, you asked.

Jay Leno

I use to love Boston Legal but for some reason it doesn't come on any longer. And I don't understand, that show was so popular. But it was a hour long show. I don't know of a thirty minute comedy or crime show.

....Jane

• Bumblebeez SC Zone 7
    14 years ago

Getting to Know You:

Shorts and tee shirt while loading the truck

coffee, oj, english muffin, chicken salad, crackers, oatmeal cookie

The dog wanted to go out at 3:15, does that count?

Cleaned out the garage last fall so hauling a truckload to the flea market. We have to be there by 4:30 am and
    5,000 people are expected. I'm looking forward to it as I've never sold anything before at a flea market. A new cultural experience!

5. What is your favorite fruit pie or cobbler? Cherry with strudel topping and real whipped cream.

6. Now think back..what was your favorite Christmas present you received in 2008? Everybody happy and healthy

7. Think back again, what was the funniest or "WTH?" Christmas present you received in 2008? Nope

8. Do you watch Soap Operas, and if so, which one's? Now be honest here. :) Lost

9. David Letterman or Jay Leno? Who?
    Books reign here at night

1. Crime shows or a GOOD 30 minute comedy show? MI-5
  • tinam61
    14 years ago

cropped pants and a shirt with the neatest fabric flower
    pin that I bought off Etsy.

a small piece of coffee cake and milk
    eating a taco salad as I type

about 5:10

Today is one of my days to work, was responsible for a big meeting this morning.

peach

6. Now think back..what was your favorite Christmas present you received in 2008? my husband found a few pieces of transferware (I collect) for me

7. Think back again, what was the funniest or "WTH?" Christmas present you received in 2008? I didn't have any that fell in that category

8. Do you watch Soap Operas, and if so, which one's? Now be honest here. :)Rarely, but if I do - Young and Restless

neither

I'm not a tv person, but something like CSI

tina

• golddust
    14 years ago

It's 9:30 here.. I'm wearing capri PJ bottoms (from Costco!) with a tee-shirt and sandals.

Only on my second Latte. I have no idea.

8:30

I'm going to JCPenney, 45 minutes away, to get my hair cut. (Woo! High end salon alert!) Then I'm going to a store whose going out of business to look at a bedding set my sister thinks I must have. It's $85.00 (that is the half off price) with a 30% additional discount. Today only.

My mom spoiled me with her pies. Her crust was to die for and all her ingredients were home grown. She'd bake 3-6 pies on Saturdays. I have a piece of warm pie with half and half for breakfast. I have yet to taste another pie as good so she kind of ruined me.

We didn't exchange gifts this year. We had a few kids we knew of in need so we spent our gift money on them. However, December 10, I purchased my Toto Neorest and Console sink for my bathroom project.

It was from my MIL, queen of cheap. It was a $.99 brush and dust pan, tiny little (useless) thing. One year she gave me an umbrella with the name of her bank on the fabric. LOL!

I *hate* Soap Operas. I find them depressing and don't know why.

Both.

Dramas. Loved 'ER'. Love 'Brothers and Sisters'.

• deborahnj
    14 years ago

Brown top and brown pants

Pepper steak, bing cherries

5:50 am

Work, exercise and getting my nails done

Peach cobbler

Being with my DH who happened to have the day off

7. Think back again, what was the funniest or "WTH?"
    Christmas present you received in 2008?
    N/A

General Hospital of course!

Neither

30 minute comedy show
  • cooperbailey
    14 years ago

I missed the first one of theses so here goes nuttin'

black and gold colored striped silk short sleeved blouse and black pants with black wedge sandals- obviously at work and not gardening :(.

Banana, cranberry scone from Donna's coffe bar and 2 croissants for lunch(leftovers)

dark o'clock (6am)

Work, pick up my cell phone that I forgot at PT this am. dang it. Taking personal day tomorrow!!! yay!

apple cobbler

don't remember

7. Think back again, what was the funniest or "WTH?"
    Christmas present you received in 2008?
    N/A

Never.Not my cup of tea.

Neither

NCIS qualifies for both! ta da!
  • User
    14 years ago

Getting to Know You:

dressy pants, dressy shirt, dressy heels that are hurting my piggers.

Strawberries, salad, today's our anniversary so we're going out for dinner. Not sure where.

6:24 a.m. .. overslept! A LOT!

Dinner and a movie.

The only foods I ever ate that I DIDN'T like consisted of sauerkraut, liver, and olives of any kind.

Believe it or not the "According to Jim" first series set DH bought me. I mentioned I wanted that 4 or 5 years ago and it wasn't available yet. I wasn't even aware that they finally did the first set. The fact that he remember made it my favorite.

N/A

Nope. Not for me.

....Letterman I suppose. I happen to like Conan and Craig

This is a toss up. It really depends on which shows. I'm a fan of Criminal Minds and NCIS but can't watch those myster crime shows too long. I also love shows like According to Jim, How I Met Your Mother, Worst Week, Everybody Loves Raymond etc.

• pbrisjar
    14 years ago

tan sandals, blue jeans, lavender shirt

bagel with cream cheese. lunch is chicken marsala. dinner is undecided.

woke up at 7, got out of bed about 15 minutes later - after family cuddle time.

work, then home for my evening alone with the kids (Hubby has band practice). I'll probably try to get a few things done around the house since we won't be home this weekend (we're on Mom watch duty this weekend).

Rhubarb - nice and tart.

Getting my brand new induction range installed after a little over a year without.

Hubby's sister got us this boxed set of what we *think* are bath products but can't tell as all of the labeling is in either Chinese or Japanese.

Not for many, many years. My sister pulled me into All My Children back when I was in high school.

Neither.

Medical drama.
  • mrsmarv
    14 years ago

Jeans, knit top and silly hat (it's Silly Hat Day at our elementary school).

English muffin with jam, banana, romaine salad with turkey, blue cheese and tomatoes.

The usual...5:35 a.m.

It's DH's birthday so I'll be making us a nice dinner, some linguine with shrimp.

Peaches and raspberries

A case of assorted dry red wine.

Sexy lingerie ;o)

Nope...used to many years ago.

Neither

A good crime show or a good comedy, depending on my mood. I find good comedies are very rare, most of them being contrived. Even though Two and a Half Men is pretty predictable, there's something very funny about it in a strange way.
  • User
    14 years ago

Ooooooh, pbrisjar said rhubarb. Mmmmmmmmmm ... rhubarb. That does it. I'm changing my favorite cobbler answer to rhubarb (and salivating just thinking about it).
    ;-D

• neetsiepie
    14 years ago

Getting to Know You:

-blue yoga pants and yellow & blue t-shirt. Barefeet.

-banana and a FiberOne bar. Not sure of the rest of the day..but I am craving an apple right now.

-7 am. Sleeping in cuz I'm on vacation this week.

-finish hanging curtains in the guest room, then off to Lowes to return some defective caulk & get some pegs to hang a new shelf on the book case. Grocery shopping & DS laundry (it's just about the only way I get to see the kid!)

-Blackberry pie/cobbler or peach pie

-picture of DD1 & her BF & their dog.

-Underpants from MIL. Granny pants!!

-Nope. I quit watching back when Luke & Laura got together after he raped her.

-Neither. But if I had to say who was better---Letterman.

-Probably a good crime show. Vintage Law & Order comes to mind.
  • johnmari
    14 years ago

Black knit pants, black Polarfleece socks, long-sleeved purple t-shirt and black cardigan. Chilly and rainy here today.

Sort of forgot to eat today. *sheepish grin* Supper will be beef tips in gravy, mashed potatoes and either peas or green beans depending on what DH is in the mood for.

8:30 - had to accept delivery of some materials for the porch project. Was too early since I didn't get to sleep until after 2.

Thinking about a nap, then supper and reading and watching TV with DH.

Wild Maine blueberry, but I prefer a crisp to pie or cobbler.

We don't do Christmas, but my favorite Yule present was a new set of Tarot cards.

A set of plastic LED nightlights in primary colors and shapes like pyramid and cube. Totally not to my taste, but I know my friend meant well.

Nope. Used to watch Guiding Light and even though I haven't watched it in 25 years I was still sad to hear it had been cancelled.

Jon Stewart.

Both. Well, for comedy I mean standup comedy, not sitcoms. I hate sitcoms. I especially like "NCIS" and "Bones" for crime shows (used to watch the original "CSI" but lost interest when Grissom left). I agree with Cooperbailey that "NCIS" can be hilarious! Love Gibbs' headslaps. :-) The "Law & Order" type of crime shows and the true crime ones are way too depressing though. Comedy Central needs to get more new standup shows, or dig some of the oldies out of their vault, because they keep showing fairly recent old ones I've seen 17 times already. If I see any of the "Blue Collar" ones again I shall scream. Although I did quite happily watch the musical comic Bo Burnham for the third time last night because that kid is so bright and beyond funny - every time I see his show I catch something new because his lyrics are so fast. (Caution, he's a bit rude. Okay, more than a bit. LOL)

• Oakley
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Johnmarie, please fix peas with your mashed potatoes tonight and eat them for me! lol. I can't eat white potatoes anymore and there is nothing better than mixing the peas in the potatoes! YUMMY!!! Waaahhh! :(

• pbrisjar
    14 years ago

auntjen: My family is from Michigan so I grew up with good rhubarb in all kinds of forms. It's awesome stuff.

oakleyok - have you tried "fauxtatoes" aka mashed cauliflower? made right they're even better than potatoes. Just boil the heck out of them in a good chicken stock/broth (seriously - till they're aout to disintegrate and the liquid is about halved), mix in your substances of choice (milk/butter/sour cream/soy milk/whatever) and blend well.

• 2ajsmama
    14 years ago

A long T-shirt (nightie), thick robe and sheepskin LL Bean slippers - 68 feels cold in June!

2 cups of coffee but tummy is rumbly so I'll eat breakfast with DD - probably cereal.

I slept late (it's raining) - 5:57!

Hoping cousin will come and cut new window sill for bay window, maybe some casings (builder casings on some of the windows were warped, checked and/or cut too short). Then I'll vacuum and mop the tile, and vacuum upstairs. Read to DD. Maybe if I get ambitious I'll pull the sewing machine out of the attic, try to remember how to thread it, and make DD a couple of dresses (got the fabric with the elastic top from Walmart, all I have to do is cut to her diameter and sew a long seam up the back!).

Pumpkin pie

DH and I haven't exchanged gifts in 2 years (too much spending on house). My dad gave us the gift of regrading the hill to the side of our garage with his excavator so it's not so much of a drop-off.

Hmm, the regrading was the funniest (most unusual?). But the most "WTH" was a birthday gift from my sister for my 45th birthday - a winter scarf made from terrycloth - regifted (I think from her MIL). I hear they're all the rage in Japan!

I haven't watched a soap since college when GH was popular (but I liked the nighttime soap with Joan Collins - Dynasty). Unless ER counts.

I never stay awake long enough to catch the weather, much less the late-night shows!

Fav was ER, but if I have to pick b/t crime and comedy, I'd say crime. I've watched CSI and SVU, but won't go out of my way to watch them - would rather read. ER was the only show I *planned* on watching each week.