Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
julie825_gw

7 year old home needing new floor, help?

julie825
10 years ago

Seven years ago we built a house and I made some stupid flooring choices, now I need help. I put a light beige tile in my kitchen with a light grout. Supposedly the grout would not stain if sealed. It has been sealed 3 times now and still looks filthy after a short time. Magic eraser is the only thing that will clean it and now the grout is eroding from the magic eraser. Also it is a huge area to clean a little over 22 feet long.
My entryway, dining room and hall have Brazillian Cherry hardwood. That leads into an open living area/dining/kitchen. The living area is carpeted, a Black and Tan speckled. So when standing in that area, you can see 3 different floorings. What was I thinking? The Brazillian Cherry is not made anymore by the company and is way too dark for my kitchen. I hate the tile, hard on my legs and back and nothing is wrong with my carpet, other than color. Suggestions? I have looked at Alterna, but am concerned about the vinyl out gassing and chemicals. Also laminate hardwood, but that looks odd when meeting up with the Brazillian cherry at the dining room entry.

Comments (4)