Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
lisalisa2009

I'm stressing - what granite would u choose

lisalisa2009
15 years ago

ok can we try this? there are no granite choices here.

what granite would you put with this kitchen?

{{gwi:1572251}}

these are the cabinets and floor. the cabinets with go all the way to the ceiling and have crown molding

i chose the floor first -i know, i know i should have chose the granite first, but i am the worst procrastinator!

{{gwi:1572252}}

here is my empty kitchen soon to be tiled in the next couple days. i have one window. there is a sliding glass door in the DR to the left. that brings in a little light. New stainless appliances coming

island will be in the center with a few chairs

thanksssssssssss! :)

Comments (16)

• kelleg69
    15 years ago

Santa Cecilia, Giallo Ornamental, New Venetian Gold--all seem like they would work and be great with your choices.

• auchmedden
    15 years ago

Hi Lisa. I don't think that you need to stress. You picked a very neutral tile. It will be easy to find a granite that it coordinates with. I liked the ivory granite from your other post. What happened to it? Also, did you see the slab of typhoon bordeaux that someone else posted?

You mentioned that your daughter really wants a dark granite. What vision did you have for your kitchen? If you also want a dark one, you can make it work with a lighter backsplash, undercabinets lights and plenty of overhead lights. Decide which direction you want to go in and it will be easier to make a choice.

Here is a link that might be useful: typhoon bordeaux - scroll down

• lisalisa2009
    Original Author
    15 years ago

auchmedden - hi i checked at the typhoon bordeaux - it's not for me

-the ivory one is still one of my choices

-i like green if i can find one that would be a good match

-i was going to go w/black and a darker tile but i don't want to darken the room any more

alot of the granites have too much gold for me and it just doesn't look right w/ my lighting

• ccoombs1
    15 years ago

I think that ivory you posted on the other thread is perfect. It is light and has those little burgandy specks that looks so nice with your cabinets. Since you don't have a lot of natural light in there, I do think you would do best staying with a lighter shade.

• gardenburgher
    15 years ago

I love the ivory granite as well. Your cabinets really pull out the burgundy/brown swirls.

I'm partial to darker granites, so I also liked the original green that you picked. But if you're going light, I LOVE the ivory!

• susan4664
    15 years ago

Lisa,
    I also have dark cabinets and a medium light floor. I am very partial to the dark green granites so that is what I chose (Peacock Green). I went with a medium-light tumbled marble backsplash to break it up. I felt that full granite backsplash would make the room dark and closed in feeling.

• auchmedden
    15 years ago

I just saw this granite - verde jewel - that might work. It is green, but not too dark, and has bits of burgundy in it. I have no idea, however, if it is widely available. Has anyone heard of it or know it by another name?

Here is a link that might be useful: verde jewel

• harriethomeowner
    15 years ago

I like the granite with burgundy in it also (the Ivory that you posted earlier?). On my monitor, anyway, it goes perfectly with the color of your cabinets.

Or you could look at colors that have more pink in them -- don't know the names, but there are quite a few.

I think the green would not look as good with your cabinets and would be too dark. If you want dark, Absolute Black or Black Galaxy would look better.

• houseful
    15 years ago

Auchmedden, that granite typically goes by Tropical or Hawaiian Green and it is just the color I was going to suggest for Lisa.

Lisa, I hope you can go see a slab of this green in person. It's very pretty.

• houseful
    15 years ago

Look what I found!

Here is a link that might be useful: Tropical green countertop

• capecodder
    15 years ago

My bathroom vanity is cherry and I have verde butterfly, and really love it...

• marybeth1
    15 years ago

Lisa if you like green TG is a very pretty counter top and it is not dark at all I was consideing it but DH does not really like green. I love green and think it would look very pretty.

• Fori
    15 years ago

Yes, the green! Any of the greens. Don't worry about matching--I don't think anything would look bad with those two (great door, by the way).

But those greens would be spectacular.

• lisalisa2009
    Original Author
    15 years ago

thanks all and thanks for posting pictures - cabinets will probably be in next week and then i will post pictures

maybe i will be able to visualize better w/cabinets and tile in. yeah right - lol!

going to go look for my hardware and pendants today -

• jnjmom
    15 years ago

Have you been to the granite yard? I would think just about anything would go with those floors, so I wouldn't stress about that. I took my door sample to several yards and found I kept being drawn to the same styles/colors/etc. That was most helpful to me.

• tateland
    15 years ago

would tropical green granite go with natural cherry cabs, ss appliance and red oak floor?