Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
sochi

Frank Gehry flips the bird and drops a spaceship

sochi
9 years ago

I've been reading a few articles today about Gehry's outburst last week, and the subsequent backlash against Gehry. Gehry maintained that 98% of architecture today is "pure sh*t." While most commentators agree with Gehry, many put Gehry's work into the 2% category.

His latest work has opened in Paris, see the article attached. What do you think of it?

Here is a link that might be useful: Article on Gehry

Comments (2)

• cyn427 (z. 7, N. VA)
    9 years ago

I love the way it looks lit up from across the lawn of the Jardin d'Acclimatation. The Bois de Boulogne is one of my favorite places in Paris and I am having a difficult time picturing it now, but the French have always been very good at integrating the modern with traditional spaces. Not everyone likes it, but the juxtapositions usually end up working and often become iconic. The Eiffel tower is a case in point.

• sixtyohno
    9 years ago

The Fisher Center at Bard College is a Performance Center done by Gehry. When we drive in I am always stunned by how beautiful it is. It sparkles in the sunlight and glows when it is lit up at night. The concert hall is very plain and contemporary and very comfortable.

Here is a link that might be useful:

Sponsored
Daniel Russo Home
Average rating: 4.7 out of 5 stars13 Reviews
Premier Interior Design Team Transforming Spaces in Franklin County