Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
jazzcook

Space Constrained Problem: Washer & Dryer Recommendations?

jazzcook
13 years ago

Hi,

We are in the process of redesigning our kitchen. This is the only area of the house where the washer and dryer can go. We currently have a side by side KA set about 5 years old that are out in the open. They work great, but are way too large and we want to hide them when they are not being used.

The new design calls for a stacking configuration. We have designed a closet with pocket doors that slide in to the right and the left of the stacked units. To the right is a cabinet depth KA refrigerator and to the left is a wall. The relivance of the refrigerator is that it will be in a 24" depth cabinet, so it would be nice if the washer and dryer could as well.

There are just two of us in the house, so giant units are not necessary. We are trying to hide them when they are not in use with the wall closet.

The two units that I amk considering are:

Washer Bosch Axxis WAS24460UC

Dryer Bosch Axxis WTV76100US

I have read mixed opinions on these units. Is there a better choice in compact 3-4 cu. ft. units? Are these units worth investing into?

There are not too many choices in this size category. I see units from Asko, Blomberg, Fagor, GE, LG, Maytag, Miele, Summit and Whirlpool (Front Loads, >26" deep, and stackable). The Asko and Miele units are almost 2x the price of the Bosch Axxis units.

Thanks for your time and attention,

:-)

Thanks,

Bob

Comments (2)