Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
lgp123_gw

Seeking feedback on Blanco Siligranit super single basin

lgp123
14 years ago

We are considering the Blanco Siligranit super single basin sink (the one with the small divider/ area for collander). It's hard to tell from the pictures how deep this second smaller basin is, how high the divider is.

My preference is a single basin, so if this is like a single basin, bonus plus, that's great. However, if it has a feel/ experience more like that out of a double basin, it won't work for me. I like to have a large space to wash big pans, etc.

I'd appreciate folks' input and preferences, understanding that my bias is for a single basin.

Thanks!

Comments (6)

• artemis78
    14 years ago

We are looking at this sink too---from the specs, the second basin is about 7.5 inches deep, while the big one is 10 inches deep. I don't know about the divider, though---my impression was that it's very low, but not sure if that's right.

I'd also add a second question while Blanco owners are floating around: we are looking at both the BlancoPrecis super single (rectangular, no divider) and the BlancoPerforma super single with the divider. Aesthetically I like the shape of the Precis a lot better, but I'm wondering if the Performa is the better sink functionally with the space for the colander, the wooden cutting board, etc. My main goal would be to have a sink with some type of cutting board covering part of it to pick up quasi-counter space, and to be able to separate compostables easily in the sink itself during prep. We won't have a disposal.

Is there anyone who has the Precis and uses any of the attachments to get the "bonus plus" without the actual divider? How do you like that, if so? (In our case, my preference is also for a single bowl---but DH likes the idea of a double bowl to separate things a bit, so the Performa seemed like it might be the compromise we're looking for....so I'm very curious to hear the responses to lgp123's questions too!)

Thanks!

• warmfridge
    14 years ago

I'm considering the BlancoPerforma super single also. If you look at the diagram on the spec sheet, you can see that the divider is not very tall at all. I'm wondering how well that side of the sink drains through the little opening, since it's supposed to be a site for a colander.

Is there an owner out there who can advise us?

Here is a link that might be useful: Spec sheet

• jsweenc
    14 years ago

I don't know if I can even articulate this well, but looking at the profile, that sink bothers me. I agree that I'd like to hear from actual owners of one. It reminds me too much of my cast iron 33" sink, large bowl 16"W at bottom (19 at top), 9" deep; small bowl 7" at bottom (9" at top), 4" deep. I thought I loved it 15 years ago, but it doesn't live like I do.

When I first saw those divided Silgranit sinks, I thought the divider was just a fraction of an inch high and that the smaller side was the same depth as the larger side. Seeing that the smaller side is 2'5" less deep, I'm not sure if it would give me the same frustrations as my current sink, which I think is mainly related to not being able to set multiple things down flat to soak. If I have a baking pan (cookie sheet) to soak, I may not want to soak other things on top of it if it is greasy or otherwise messy, so I need a place to soak or wash other dishes that is flat. My small bowl slants so much toward the drain that it's hard to get them to be flat in that small 7" space. I can't answer for the Blanco, but that's just what it reminds me of. I will most likely get the Super Single without the divider, whatever it's called. (Can you tell I haven't gotten quite that far yet?)

• warmfridge
    14 years ago

Bump.

I have googled myself silly trying to find a review of this sink. Isn't there a single owner out there who can enlighten us?

• jsweenc
    14 years ago

warmfridge, lgp, artemis, google
    silgranit site:ths.gardenweb.com/*

You will find some posts on Silgranit that might be helpful. I don't know if there are any other threads about the divided sink; I didn't look through because I've already decided it's not right for us. We'll be going with a 33" single bowl.

• warmfridge
    14 years ago

Finally found an actual picture of this sink! You can see the divider and how the water drains. Note that the faucet is installed behind the shelf portion.

Here is a link that might be useful: Sink picture

Sponsored
Haus Studio
Average rating: 4.8 out of 5 stars28 Reviews
Franklin County's Preferred Custom Cabinetry & Design Studio