Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
christy2828

Anyone ordered furniture from Greenculture before?

christy2828
15 years ago

I'm looking for a bedroom set, and came across this one last night. I really like the Julius Bedroom Collection, but I have never made such a large purchase sight unseen. I'm wondering if it is good quality, I feel like it would be, but I just don't know! I do like that the wood is sustainable. Has anyone ordered from them before? Own their furniture? Thanks for any advice :) Christy

Here is a link that might be useful: Link to the bedroom set

Comments (6)

• pamghatten
    15 years ago

I can't say anything about their furniture, but it really bothers me that their website is completely out of date. it is Jan. 2009, and the comment says that they are backordered until September 2008.

If I couldn't walk in their store and see what they have, and for what price, I'd look elsewhere since the information on their website is not reliable.

• moonkat99
    15 years ago

I noticed the same thing about the dates, pamg. But I would contact them before ruling them out & see what's going on. They could be struggling like a lot of businesses right now, & updating the website isn't a priority, or they could be flakes, or....who knows?

I'm always willing to give a green oriented business some time to check out, & if you love the look, at least try to contact them.

Sorry I can't offer anything about personal experience. If you DO end up with any info about them, please let us know!

• christy2828
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Thanks :) Actually, I did find some info on them. I did a google search for reviews and on Amazon there were 7 reviews each with one star only. A common complaint is them pulling a switcheroo. They change the names of furniture or lamps or whatever and then when it is delivered the buyers have discovered that it is something much cheaper than what they paid. Plus, they are ordering from suppliers that say in no way that they are 'green'. There is even an article from a buyer in the Washington Post. I checked the BBB and they rated a B. Now I'm a bit nervous about them. I was willing to pay more for green furniture, but if that is not what I am going to get I will certainly be disappointed. Maybe I'll keep looking for a similar look somewhere else. Christy

Here is a link that might be useful: Washington Post article

• moonkat99
    15 years ago

Now I'm a bit nervous about them I hope that was an understatement! After reading the article, I would run, not walk, away, & not look back!

Sounds like they're not flakes, they're scammers :( & in the name of green? Shame on them :(

• christy2828
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Well wouldn't ya know it, I did a VERY quick google for Gentleman's Chest (one of the pieces I was considering buying), and it popped up! Except it is called Zocalo Ella instead of Julius. This set is about $800.00 cheaper and is sold by US Mattress. It does say on this new website that it is 'green' furniture. Christy

Here is a link that might be useful: US Mattress Zocalo Ella

• Esme29
    15 years ago

I actually ordered a pair of Zocalo Echo 2 drawer nightstands from Green Culture in 2006 or 2007 and was satisfied with the service and merchandise. I was looking for something comtemporary and appropriate size. The base price wasn't too bad but since the port of entry was ? California and I live in Virginia I paid extra for shipping. And it seemed to take 2-3 months to receive the order. The names of the products do change - the line is now called Avant and the furniture is now dark rather than light bamboo tone I have. But hey, given the out of date information on the web, I'd order through a local dealer today. Good luck.

Sponsored
Schlabach Woodworks
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars16 Reviews
Franklin County's Reclaimed Wood Professionals