Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
mls0520

Just because... (colors I used in my new house)

mls0520
16 years ago

Hey everyone!

I have found this forum to be an invaluable source of ideas and information. Little by little, I've defined my own sense of style and decor in my home by reading this site. GW has become my "study break" when I need to let my brain have some fun.

One thing I've really enjoyed is looking at everyone's paint colors they've used in their home and so I thought I would share what I chose in our new home, just because!

Pittsfield Buff

BM Pittsfield Buff

SW Hopsack DS's Bedroom

SW Underseas Master Bedroom

SW Spun Sugar DD's Bedroom

SW Rainwashed Laundry Room

BM Nantucket Gray Office

All of our ceilings are BM Mayonnaise, and all of the woodwork is going to be BM Simply White. Hope something here is useful/helpful to someone!

Comments (21)

• Happyladi
    16 years ago

Nice colors. The spun sugar; is that a beige or light pink?

• roguevalley
    16 years ago

Beautiful!!!!

• Valerie Noronha
    16 years ago

Lovely colors and lovely trim. I'm confused, though why is the trim done before the floors and finish electrical? You will need to be after the rest of the contractors to be careful as your trim is stunning.

• annzgw
    16 years ago

My guess would be those rooms with baseboards will have carpet.

• mls0520
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Yes, annz is correct. All of the upstairs trimwork has been finished with the exception of the bathrooms. Most of the downstairs in uncarpeted and the base trim hasn't been installed yet. The painter's are coming in next to do all of the caulking and painting of the trimwork, and I think that the painters would need to go before the floors and electrical.

Thanks, valinsv- I like the trimwork too. Can't wait for it to be painted!

• msrose
    16 years ago

It's beautiful! If I was starting over, I would love to have Pittsfield Buff in the main areas of the house. Be sure and post some more pictures once you move in. I'm anxious to see what colors you use with the PB.

Laurie

• caminnc
    16 years ago

Great job picking colors. Beautiful house!!!!!

• badin
    16 years ago

They're all lovely, but my favorite is Rainwashed. I really would like to use that myself. BTW, you have some beautiful doors, too!

• lindybarts
    16 years ago

Gorgeous! You should put this thread in the gallery as people are always looking for photos of paint. You did a fantastic job! I love them all!!

• dixiedo
    16 years ago

Thanks for sharing your beautiful home pictures!!

• skeet
    16 years ago

mls0520....what color of bedding are you using with the Underseas paint?

Skeet

• skypathway
    16 years ago

Beautiful choices. I too love the rainwashed and underseas. I'm always surprised by photos of rainwashed because on my paint swatch it looks green and yet on my computer pictures look more blue. I know between the camera, lighting and my computer colors change. IRL does the rainwashed look more blue or green?

Sky

• ladyamity
    16 years ago

Oh My---what a beautiful home and wonderful colors.
    Everything flows and blends so nicely. Great job!

• mls0520
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Thank you everyone! Very kind comments!

Skeet,
    Here's a pic of the bedding that we are using with the Underseas. It's Pottery Barn's Marie Floral.

Skypathway,
    Rainwashed looks blue IRL. I was leaning towards BM Palladian Blue for a long time, but I saw a hint too much green in the Palladian. Rainwashed is like a creamy, spa-like blue. One of the best things I learned about the quest for the perfect color is that Sherwin Williams sells their sample QUARTS for $5.00 and they have every single one of the BM colors in their computer. Even if you're going to paint with BM's paint for the real deal, you can get a large swatch up on the wall instead of spending $4.00 for a little poster board's worth in BM's little sample pots. I thought of this after spending $13.00 per quart to sample some of BM's tans and buffs that they don't carry in the little pots. Just a tip.

Msrose,
    I'll post more pics as construction continues, and when it's finally decorated!

Thanks again, everyone!

• teacats
    16 years ago

Wonderful colors -- thanks for posting your photos of your beautiful home! Always helpful for folks to actually "see" the colors!

Jan

• lnmca
    16 years ago

Beautiful. Thanks for sharing! I am excited for you as you move into and start to fill your new home.

• skypathway
    16 years ago

mls, thanks for that info. I think I'll have to buy a test pot of rainwash, every picture I've seen ,including yours, is so spa-like as you said.

Sky

• parma42
    16 years ago

Everything is just beautiful Michelle! Thanks for the update on pittsfield buff. After I saw your pics last night and how beautiful and golden it looked, I was going to just pick it on faith. Have it on a large part of my living room wall and today with no sun instead of looking green it looked pinky beige. Just don't understand.

I absolutely love your bedding. It reminds me of a waverly pattern of wallpaper I used back in the day when Waverly was what most of the decorators used.

Maybe I'm just becoming a nutcase. Started picking out paint because I couldn't choose between three dining room tables. I miss my old house which backed up to a forest preserve and had hundreds of different birds visiting every day during the winter. Now a new house with no trees and a backyard crammed up to a neighbor's house. DH in Florida on business as we in Chicago await yet another winter storm.

I copied someone's post that explained how to post pictures so when I get tired of adding patches of color to my walls I'll try to figure it out.

Again, thanks and your new home is gorgeous!

Michelle

• mls0520
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Michelle,

Colors are funny that way. Blonde was like that for me. I've seen many gorgeous photos here on GW of it, but in that new house it looked ORANGE. And everyone who walked through when it was just swatches said, you're not going to use THAT are you? Lighting and surroundings play a huge part.

Another funny thing is that when I started mulling colors over, it was last summer during my school break. Everything I liked was bright and energetic. Then as the time to pick final colors came, it was late fall. My final choices ended up being warmer or more muted than the summer choices. You, being in the middle of a Chicago winter, are probably looking for that warm golden color that makes you want to curl up and bask in the comfort of home. Hopefully you find it. Believable Buff and Whole Wheat by SW are nice too. Those LA Golds you were headed out for are also nice. How did those look in your house?

Michelle

• greenmtn
    16 years ago

Very nice colors & house. Post more when you move in!