Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
maximbella

Can anyone recommend the perfect cream/off-white color to paint??

maximbella
15 years ago

Hello everyone! I am looking for the perfect shade of cream/off-white to paint my kitchen cabinets. Can someone please recommend a color that worked for you, preferably in SW colors as my contractor will only use SW.

To give a bit of background, my granite is called Manhattan Green (pictured below) and I am using 2x8 tumbled marble as the backsplash (this is also pictured in the below - 1st tile on the bottom left). I want some contrast from the granite/backsplash to the cabs and do not want anything too stark white...sorry, I know I am picky! :)

Please let me know if anyone can help! Thank you in advance!!

Comments (3)

• randita
    15 years ago

Go to SW and get the card with all the whites on it-there are several dozen. Take it home and hold various tones up to your marble and granite in various lights (day and night) and if one choice is not obvious, pick the two or three you like best.

Then go back to SW and get $5 sample jars of the ones you like best and paint a piece of poster board or scrap plywood with the chosen colors (so you get a large sample) and place the larger samples in your room. Again inspect and compare at various times of day and night.

I think the right choice will become obvious. If you're still not sure, ask a friend you know has a good eye for decorating to help you.

Better to be safe than sorry and spending $10-$15 on sample jars and really being sure is better than spending $30+ on a full container which is non-returnable and find it's not really the right shade.

I think I'd look for something that blends well with the cream background in your granite which is beautiful.

• maximbella
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Thanks so much, Randita! I am heading to SW this afternoon to get the card with the whites. I can't believe how many different choices there are....crazy! :)

• sadie709
    15 years ago

I just painted my mbath in bm aura "deep in thought" a lovely creamy white like milk. very soft. it went on yellowey but dried with out yellow undertones.