Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
smo4142

Paint color for North facing room/low Light..HELP Please

smo4142
11 years ago
Hello All, I am simply trying to repaint my bedroom and bathroom walls and it is making me and my family crazy (constantly asking..what do you think about this color, is it too dark, too green..lol)! The room doesn't get the direct sunlight from any direction, but faces mostly North. Two small windows and one small light fixture. I love the grays, but everything I put on these walls turns a lot dark and muddier than any picture or paint chip. I have tried: Edgecomb Gray-Dark muddy Greige(was so disappointed). SW-Naturel..Dark Green color, SW Moderate White..Yellow, SW..Kilim Beige..Looks okay but not my first choice. Valspar Subtle Oatland Taupe..dark.. and the list goes on but you get the pic. Even tried Valspar Linen Thread..which is almost white..but turned out a darker green on the walls.

I would love to have a gray with a hint of green or blue that doesn't turn completely green or blue, or dark and muddy. I am thinking I should go with the whites..what do ya'll think .

Any suggestions for a gray/gree light color that will still show up in a north facing room with little light. Also, the windows are shaded by a large tree, so any light that comes in is shaded. The carpet is a friese with more of a linen color/ small red/blue speckles in it. The lighting gives it a yellowish undertone even though it is not a yellow carpet.

Thanks again.

Comments (3)