Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
tonyar109

A homeless man and his dog

tonyar109
15 years ago

A homeless man and his dog, that dog looks really cute...

You can see the photo for them with the link below...

Here is a link that might be useful: A homeless man and his dog

Comments (8)

• todancewithwolves
    15 years ago

Aaawwwww ... great picture!

In San Francisco there are so many homeless people. The homeless people I've seen with dogs treat them so well. I've even seen a few homeless people with cats on leashes.

• mazer415
    15 years ago

Read Travels with Lizbeth

• runsnwalken
    15 years ago

They should/but wont- have a spay/neuter programs for people below a curtain income level - maybe if you do it you get government money like SSA or something. Meaning your never homeless again and no more/less people end up like this- sad.

I feel sorry for both, the person and his dog.

• petaloid
    15 years ago

Runsnwalken, in the Los Angeles area we do have a spay/neuter program for the pets of low income people. Certain vets give vouchers to cover most or all of the cost at local clinics set up for that purpose.

We also have free spay/neuter vans for cats, staffed by very good vets, and the vans are in different parts of town on different days of the week. For stray and feral cats, a new facility has opened that doesn't charge for spay/neuter.

I wish that all communities had such resources for pet care. Maybe someday ...

• runsnwalken
    15 years ago

I didn't mean for the pets( we already got programs like this and they are very important) - I meant for us- People- Human Beings- Currently there are 8 and 1/2 Billion humans on this planet. The earth can only sub-stain 12 billion max, and at the current rate we're getting a billion more a century- that means in another 350 years us humans will run out of life support from planet earth. That big ocean storm that happened where all those people died- it took 48 hours for the numbers of humans to go back to normal- 48 hours!

• laurabl112
    15 years ago

It seems that that homeless man treat that dog very well. They are friends to each other.

• trekaren
    15 years ago

I saw the Animal Precinct NY Show on Animal Planet last night. In NY they have mobile vans that will spay/neute for low-income residents. I had never heard of such a thing! The vans go right to the people's neighborhood and do the surgery in the van. What a great service. A lot of these folks end up with 40 cats due to lack of spay/neuter. Maybe we have that in the Atlanta area but since I have never had to look, I'm not sure. I used SANTA (spay and neuter team of Atlanta) for my newest addition, and they give a discounted price compared to the vet, but still too high for anyone who is in real financial trouble.

Here is a link that might be useful: SANTA

• organic_summer
    15 years ago

I think people that help animals are angels