Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
jess111_gw

Where can I buy a sink grid for my Benchmark SS sink?

jess111
16 years ago

The sink is D-shaped and provided by Benchmark when they did my granite. My paperwork says the model is BMS2321 (I assume their own brand it looks like.) Where do I find a sink grid for this? I thought it would be easy, but so far no luck at Lowes or Target. I'm heading to BB&B later, but don't see them on their website. I'd rather buy one at a store than order online, and even if I had to order online, a google search of my model sink doesn't show anything.

Comments (5)

• dd70
    16 years ago

I would suggest taking a measurement of the sink and going over to Ferguson (used to be L&H plumbing)On Cedarbridge Ave. in Lakewood. Im assuming you live close by since you got your granite at benchmark. I dont know if you have ever been in their showroom but Im sure they will have one that fits, I would think most brands have the same size sinks.

• jess111
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Thanks, dd70-yes, I'm local to the Ferguson showroom. I just picked up my sink strainer from there. I assumed that I could pick up the grid anywhere-LNT, BB&B, etc. I swear I have seen them out there before in stores, but it escapes me now, LOL. I'm trying BB&B, and if not, I'll have to wait till next weekend to hit the showroom. I was really hoping to just grab one since I'm afraid to stick dishes in my shiny new sink! Maybe I'd have luck at home depot?

• dd70
    16 years ago

Ok, i know you didn't want to buy online but here is a link, many people here have used this web site. I dont think I have seen any D shaped in the local stores....but do try Home Depot because I know they carry Blanco and they make D shapes.
    Good Luck in your search, when Im out I will keep my eye open for you and let you know if I see one!

Here is a link that might be useful: sink grids

• User
    16 years ago

Jess I was wondering how you are liking the sink. I have not ordered my granite yet, but am considering their sink. I am just not sure if it s the size I want.

• jess111
    Original Author
    16 years ago

sheila, I have to admit-the sink is beautiful! It's actually an Artisan 16 gauge sink, and seems really thick. (not much to compare to since I had a cheapy HD top mount before.) Searching Artisan on GW, it seems they do make a very high quality sink.

Benchmark did a great job installing. We did have a big boo boo when one of my slabs broke in the driveway on a Thursday. The poor installer had to feel my wrath, since I was so over living without plumbing any longer and certainly not for another weekend, and the piece that broke made it impossible for my cooktop, dishwasher, or sink to be installed. I had an electrician and plumber scheduled for the next day. Benchmark stepped up to the plate and fabricated a new slab for me that night even tho it was already around 3pm. According to the supervisor they halted other production and worked late to make it happen as well as to squeeze me into the install schedule the next morning. I was so happy to get it installed very first thing the next morning! Mistakes and accidents happen, and it's how a business deals with them and makes them right that's important and Benchmark did the right thing by me. I can't complain.

And an FYI to those Benchmark customers looking for a sink grid-Benchmark keeps a few on hand and can order them I believe (might be a good idea to ask for one when ordering the granite to make sure it's in stock) and they are very very reasonably priced. I got a D-shaped sink, and the grid was $30 with Benchmark. This was the same make/model/mfr grid I saw online for $80, made by the sink's manufacturer.