Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
moonshadow_gw

Best sites for tracking property/land sales and trends?

moonshadow
14 years ago

I've searched the forum but so far only come up with zillow, which doesn't get such great reviews. MLS leads me to another view-for-fee site for detailed info.

Are there any good sites you can recommend for tracking property sales and real estate pricing trends? I'm mainly tracking rural acreage out of state from me.

Thanks!

Comments (6)

• mariend
    14 years ago

United Real Estate Specializes in rural property. Sometimes just searching the towns you are interested in and click on RE will give you a general ideas.

• jane__ny
    14 years ago

I like Trulia.com to track sales in my area (NY). I don't know whether it is local. You could try Realtor.com. These are all free.

• moonshadow
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Thanks, I appreciate the links!

I am familiar with the area (grew up there) but prices are all over the place. Sparsely populated area, economically depressed. Watched a farm auction last year, 400 AC split up into large and small parcels. Of course better crop fields grab a better premium. But there are some that were smaller sold as building sites. Crazy thing (that doesn't make sense to me) is that the smaller the site, the higher the price. Minimal road frontage on both, well & septic necessary on both. The 9 AC parcel going for $2600/AC, double size 18 AC parcel with nearly identical layout (woods and cleared field) going for $2100AC. But only on the market 6 months and slashed 15k already, probably due to the economy and no draw for newcomers.

I check tax records as well, for deed changes in the area.

• wantoretire_did
    14 years ago

Jane ny - Thank you so much for the Trulia.com site. We had no idea of what is going on locally as far as price reductions and length of listing times, other than "they are out there looking" and that there is a large inventory of homes for sale in this area (Saratoga County). Our agent is trying to be optimistic. At least we aren't alone on this ship!!

• jane__ny
    14 years ago

I'm planning to list in a week and there are so many houses for sale in my area. Nothing seems to be selling. You can set Trulia to alert you when a particular house sells or changes their price. I keep watching houses dropping their prices each month and still not selling.

Its scary and I'm not looking forward to this. Seems no one is buying.

Good luck to you,
    Jane

• elle481
    14 years ago

I go to listingbook.com to do my research. I got connected through my re agent. It shows me contingent, pending, sold, new, and price changes. I can also go back and see what the price drops have been. I did not know of this site before we listed.