Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
sleepyheadsue

RECIPE: Sirloin Tips

sleepyheadsue
17 years ago

I am looking for a recipe that uses sirloin tip steaks cut into pieces (tips) that you make with onions, mushrooms, etc. and serve over egg noodles. Good resturants usually have them on their menus. Can anyone help?

Comments (6)

• angelaid
    17 years ago

Here's one of our favorites:

FeathermomÂs Recipe for Beef Burgandy. YUM!YUM!

1/2 lb. boneless beef sirloin steak, cut into 1/4 inch strips

2 tbsp. diced onions

2 tps. butter

1 1/2 cups sliced fresh mushrooms

3/4 cup beef broth

1/4 + 2 tbsp. water, divided

1/8 tsp. basil

1 whole clove

1 tbsp. dried parsley flakes

1/4 tsp salt

1/8 tsp pepper

1 tbsp all-purpose flour

1/2 tsp browning sauce

2 1/2 cups uncooked noodles (cooked according to package directions)

In a dutch oven, brown beef and onion in butter.
    Add mushrooms, broth, 1/4 cup water, parsley, basil, clove, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; and simmer for 1 hour.

Combine flour and remaining water; stir into beef mixture. Bring to a boil; cook and stir until thickened (about 2 minutes.) Discard clove. Stir in browning sauce. Serve over noodles.

Makes 2 servings.

Notes from Ang: I used 2 lbs of beef, 1 whole onion, a whole tray of sliced mushrooms, 2 1/2 cups of beef broth and added 1/2 cup of Chianti wine. It would probably serve 4. I've made this several times and it's been a big hit!

Another favorite. Easy peasy:

No Peek Casserole

From Anne @ The KT Recipe Exchange This is a recipe that my family literally will fight over. It makes a delicious gravy (what they fight over) and absolutely nothing to making it.I double the recipe and there is still none left at the end of the meal.

No Peek Casserole
    2 lbs stew meat (I use 3 lbs)
    1 can Campbell's Chicken Mushroom Soup
    1/2 cup Ginger Ale
    1 pkg Lipton Onion Soup Mix
    1 4 oz jar mushrooms, drained (optional)

Preheat oven to 300. Combine ALL ingredients (DO NOT brown meat and DO NOT dilute soup with water) together. Mix well. It will be lumpy before it's cooked. Pour into a casserole dish and cover. Bake 2 1/2 to 3 hours. DON'T PEEK!! Serve over pasta, rice or mashed potatoes. The smell as it's cooking is WONDERFUL

Note from Ang: I use fresh mushrooms. The next day, warm the leftovers and fold in sour cream for the yummiest beef stroganoff ever!

• sleepyheadsue
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Ang,
    This sounds exactly like I remember it should! Thank you so much. I'm making it for supper...it should be a big hit.It sounds like you cook very much like I do.

• clownwacko
    15 years ago

angelaid:
    I made your recipe for sirloin tips, and it was really good. Thanks Phil

• angelaid
    15 years ago

Glad you enjoyed them Phil.

• magothyrivergirl
    15 years ago

angelaid, I saw your recipe for sirloin tips yesterday while looking for some inspiration for something different to make for dinner. It was delicious and will go in my favorites file. I used about 1 lb of sirloin tips, adjusted the other ingredients accordingly - added about 1/3 cup of a good Burgundy & served over egg noodles.
    Thank you for sharing this recipe - in 2006! & to clownwacko for moving this up.
    I am going to try your No Peek Casserole - the ingredients sound just strange enough to be good. Thanks again.

• angelaid
    15 years ago

Isn't this place awesome? I got both recipes from here eons ago and they are family favorites now!
    So thanks feathermom and Anne, and all of you, for many years of great "food finds".