Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
boops2012

Need a grey paint color for the kitchen-

boops2012
11 years ago

Tried Collonade grey-too beige under my led lights. Tried Dolphin too blue and looks too much like prison grey.Any others to try?

Comments (15)

• Vertise
    11 years ago

BM Color Stories Capuccino Froth dulce de leche or Plaster of Paris are light pretty full spectrum ones.

These are light. They have quite a few neutral grays.

This post was edited by snookums2 on Wed, Apr 17, 13 at 20:57

• Holly- Kay
    11 years ago

On my monitor cappucino froth looks pink.

• prospect711
    11 years ago

We used SW Unusual Gray.

• kaljr82
    11 years ago

SW Gray Clouds

• DCkitchen13
    11 years ago

Mythic Strictly Silver.

• artemis78
    11 years ago

Gray is one of the hardest colors to choose, in my opinion--we went through about a dozen samples for our kitchen cabinets and are now nearing that number for our bathroom walls! Which grays have undertones (and what they are) depends a lot on your space and your lighting--there are really no "true" grays that will read exactly the same in every room, sadly.

Some that I like, though:
    - BM Sea Haze (what we chose for our cabinets--this has green undertones but worked for us in a space where blue and beige undertones looked awful)
    - BM Gray Owl, one color down on the same swatch, also a neutral green gray
    - BM Pashmina--more of a greige but a nice brownish warm gray; again, might work if blue grays aren't cutting it
    - BM Fieldstone if a darker gray works

Some to skip:
    - BM Revere Pewter and Gray Horse both read blue in our house though they are lovely if that's not an issue (and again, YMMV)

Good luck!!

• karin_mt
    11 years ago

Are you going for light or dark? Do you want a particular undertone?

We also went through many iterations of greys. We like Pewter (not Revere Pewter) for a dark grey and Cliffside Gray for a light one. Cliffside reads either blue or green depending on context and time of day. I love it.

• MrsShayne
    11 years ago

I couldnâÂÂt pull off white so I went with BMâÂÂs Cumulus Cloud 1550 and painted my oak cabinets gray. Thunderstorm is also a popular BM gray but it has a slight green tint (IMO). Below are the pictures. They arenâÂÂt the greatest since I donâÂÂt have a fancy camera.

Here is a link that might be useful: More b&a pics

• Etera
    11 years ago

We used sw Agreeable gray.

• boops2012
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Thanks for all the responses guess I need to hit BM and Sw tomorrow. I do think its my leds. It seems to pull more beige out of the greige that I'm looking for.

• jennybog
    11 years ago

We used BM Platinum Gray

• dretutz
    11 years ago

I used BM Pashmina (greige) in dining and kitchen with BM Wish (light grey) in the entry hall.

• kellienoelle
    11 years ago

We used SW Silverpointe after painting about a dozen samples on the wall. In my kitchen it looked like a true light gray without strong blue or beige tones. As a bonus, it is currently sale time at SW! I know that greys vary so much room to room, but here is a pic anyway.

• Vertise
    11 years ago

Sorry, I got the name wrong. It was supposed to be Dulce de Leche. It's pale and on the warm side. Plaster of Paris is also a light gray that's pretty and neutral. I looked at them earlier today and they have quite a few grays that appear very neutral and many that are darker, if that's what you need.