Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
jjd0001

Best spring weekend to list home for sale?

jjd0001
16 years ago

We are hoping to put our house on the market next spring. Is there a certain date or weekend that experts consider to be ideal?

I have lovely gardens that add significantly to the curb appeal of my house, so would like to take advantage of blooming flowers, but perhaps the end of May is too late in the season?

Thanks in advance~

Comments (9)

• catfishsam
    16 years ago

The best selling time is from March thru May. So you might want to list it in February so everything is working by March?

May is too late since summer is coming on and that is the slow selling season.

Lovely gardens are a nice feature, but will not sell the house.

I have a wonderful lawn and gardens that everyone loves, but the house gets the negative comments.

• triciae
    16 years ago

Here, the week after Super Bowl weekend is considered the launch of the new season for early spring sales. All of the holiday, New Year's, & big game parties are over & the decorations are packed away. People are ready to focus.

/t

• Linda
    16 years ago

Right after superbowl sunday here also. (NY)

• try_99
    16 years ago

All you need is one buyer. List it as soon as you ready to sell I guess.

• jjd0001
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Thanks so much for the feedback! I'm in CT and I didn't realize that the spring selling season starts so early. It's very helpful to know that the house will have to stand on its own, without benefit of a pretty yard to help entice people. I appreciate your comments.

• quip
    16 years ago

Superbowl Sunday is Feb 3, 2008. That would be a bit early in the midwest, IMHO. Very late March to early April seems optimal here. Easter is early in 2008, so I'd go after Easter if my options were wide open.

• rrah
    16 years ago

I think this can vary a bit depending upon your area. Our most popular listing month is April. In my town much of the "calendar" is dependent upon the university. Spring break is over by then. The people that work at the university or moving in are ready to buy at that time. It does seem to me though, that my best open houses are always in February. Personally I recommend my clients list by mid February to take advantage of the spring/summer market.

• eal51
    16 years ago

jjd -

Right after the super bowl is the time. We listed the first weekend in February 05. House went on the market at 9 AM and we were sold by 5 PM!!!!!!! We had snow on the ground, the pool area was covered so the landscaping didn't show like it did in the spring. Don't worry about it.

Enjoy the journey.

eal51 in western CT

• Carol_from_ny
    16 years ago

I'd start the ball rolling in Feb. So everything was ready to go by March first.

Sponsored
Haus Studio
Average rating: 4.8 out of 5 stars28 Reviews
Franklin County's Preferred Custom Cabinetry & Design Studio