Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
kirstena_gw

Diamond 'Prelude' vs. Diamond 'Reflections' cabinets?

kirstena
11 years ago

I need to "pull the trigger" tomorrow and order my cabinets because it's the last day of a great sale at Lowes. I'm just undecided between the Diamond Prelude line - which is their value line and the Diamond Reflections line, which is their more upscale line. Of course, I want to save the most money possible, but also want good quality cabinets that will last (good quality within my budget of course!).

Has anyone installed either of these lines and could give feedback? The styles I'm considering are similar enough that I could go either way, and my kitchen is small and basic. I am choosing a white painted maple shaker style wood door (the inset of the door is mdf I think). Both styles allow upgrades to plywood boxes, with which the sale gives you a lot back - free sink cabinet, upgraded finish (the paint I want) and a few other extras, along with full-extension glides and soft close doors.

I just want them to last and not have to do this again until I am really really old:)

thanks!

Comments (8)

• jerryp
    11 years ago

We are also shopping for new cabinets. I looked at both Diamond lines. The prelude is well priced and looks nice. However, I was concerned about the 3/8" sides. Consumer Report and others recommend a minimum of 1/2". They offer an upgrade to that but not sure what the cost is. By the time you add that in plus easy soft closing drawers and possibly others, you may be in the Reflections price range.

I decided to buy custom cabinetry but would have been comfortable with Reflections. It appears to be a solid product. I am no expert, these are just my opinions.

• CEFreeman
    11 years ago

I'm looking forward to seeing the results.

Doesn't it make your eyes cross, with all the high finance to get a price it should probably have been in the 1st place?

but you'll have a really pretty kitchen. :)

• a2gemini
    11 years ago

me too!

• Sherry Carton
    6 years ago

Now that you have had your kitchen for a while, what are your thoughts/regrets/likes now?

• lisa
    6 years ago

Would love to see a picture, as this is what I just priced out, just waiting to pull the trigger...

• Janice Whitworth
    6 years ago

Anybody know of a white paint for trim that matches the white cabinets of the Diamond cabinets?

• kfsowner
    5 years ago

I took the Diamond sample board, in the Lowes Cabinet department, up to the Paint department,

and they took the computer eye reading, and matched the paint spot on. That might work for yo too...