Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
sjzucker7

Chrome vs SS vs Brushed Nickel for faucets, etc.

szruns
9 years ago

Title says it all, lol.

Kitchen will be craftsman inspired Shaker natural cherry cabinets with some sort of granite counters and likely a Encore Crackle subway tile backsplash to complement whatever granite we end up with. Floors will be some sort of hard wood, either a site-finished wider plank (5+ inches) pecan or other local hardwood or, if I run out of energy and/or time, prefinished 5 inch white oak (Bruce or similar). SS appliances (36 inch fridge, chimney hood, DW, cooktop . . . so lots of SS showing already from all that).

Given all that, what do you think about my fixtures/faucets?

I'd planned brushed nickel, but then I ended up buying SS faucets for a recent hasty bathroom remodel (since the bath is full of SS grab bars . . . I figured I'd keep it simple and stay with SS) . .. and the SS looks nice. Pretty close to brushed nickel, but one less "texture/color" in the room.

Then, looking more seriously at faucets today, I see they are soooo much cheaper in straight old chrome, and had read about chrome being more timeless, and, well, that makes me consider chrome! (3 faucets -- pot filler, prep sink, apron sink) . . .

What do you think? If I didn't care one way or another, what would you advise?

Also, if I go with Chrome faucets, is it OK to go with BN for light fixtures and/or pulls?

Thanks!

Comments (5)