Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
lavender_lass

Tea time...it's Tuesday :)

lavender_lass
12 years ago

Tuesday again...and already the middle of September. Where has the summer gone? Of course, it's still in the 80s today, but it is supposed to be down to the 70s and 60s for highs, later this week. That's more of a normal September.

I'm actually looking forward to cooler weather, since there's so much to do in the garden, before winter. Of course, 'winter' usually hits about the end of October, so that gives me about six weeks to finish this year's projects. Today, I'm going to do some 'planning' (one of my favorite things to do in the garden LOL) and have a nice cup of Earl Grey tea. Time enough to start the digging in a few days, but at least, I'll know where to plant and what to move. Anyone else making changes in their garden?

Hope you have a lovely Tuesday and enjoy your tea!

Comments (3)

• TxMarti
    12 years ago

I haven't made any tea since last week, but it sounds good, I might have to go do that. I'm feeling better this afternoon and think I'm going to try to eat something if I can get it in my mouth, so I'll have high tea with you.

I've been working on putting a design on some shopping bags, but haven't got it down yet.

• User
    12 years ago

I spent much of last evening reading my new reference bookon hostas. Which I've fallen totally in love with. And today, a local nursery up here called me that they had my order for daylilies and hosta ready to pick up. Could I come by for it.
    Oh you bet. Even DH agreed to go with me, since he had a better idea where we were headed.

Upshot is, I visited Seawright nursery, the man and woman who own it are wonderful people from north Mississippi, which was a big surprise. And now I will have LOTS of hosta and WHITE DAYLILIES to take home to Alabama when we go. I feel that we now are acquainted with two very interesting people, and I hope we can pursue the acquaintance in the following months. Only, up here, the gardening season is coming to a screeching halt. Except for bedding things down for a long winter nap.

And as soon as I sign off here, I will be indexing my new purchases.

Lavender, I found a great picture on Webshots which reminded me of your herb garden with the pergola and arches. If I could have sent it to you I would. It is copywright protected so no posting on here.

Meanwhile today I picked the seeds of our tall pink phlox. Those little beebees are going to become southerners next year.

• ellendi
    12 years ago

I am visiting my sister in Asheville. We went to a tea house for lunch, a tradition that we do each time I visit. Had the house blend which had orange blossom and sunflower. Very floral. We both had trout over arugula with goat cheese for lunch.
    The, on to shopping where i bought a few things on sale:)